The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines & voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, & Jaguar Land Roveras well as organizations like the U.S. State Departmenttrust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites & across the entire search ecosystem.
Yext is looking for a Software Engineering Director to help us continue building out our product & services! Our team works in an agile environment running two-week sprints that culminate with demos of features in progress. You will work alongside engineers from the top universities & tech companies in the world, hands-on with the code from day one.
What Youll Do
- Lead full life-cycle software development
- Drive the development process through design, implementation, & deployment
- Work closely with the executive team to develop a software roadmap for future features & improvements
- Mentor team members, encouraging career & personal growth
- Ensure your team meets deadlines & launch dates through an effective sprint planning process & daily standups
- Collaborate effectively across teams, including outside of engineering
What You Have
- BA/BS in Computer Science, a related field, or a similar college level education
- 7+ years of relevant, industry development experience
- 5+ years of experience leading a team of 5-10 engineers
- Strong foundation in software architecture & design
- Fluency with Java, C++, Python, or similar (we primarily code in Java)
- Openness to new technologies & creative solutions
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced high growth startup environment
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.