Who we are
At Justworks, youll enjoy a welcoming & casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, & the ability to interact with & learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard & care about our most prized asset - our people.
Were helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. Were data-driven & never stop iterating. If youd like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful & having fun while doing it, wed love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals & shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product & in our team.
If this sounds like you, youll fit right in.
As a Justworks Senior Product Designer, you will champion design & lead the design process on your cross-functional team of a Product Manager & Engineers to evolve our existing product suite, innovate new features, & mentor other designers.
In this role, you will apply your passion for tackling complex design problems with a focus on our customers needs. You are a versatile designer who steps back to analyze complex workflows & also dives into the interactions & visual details. You advocate sharing early & often, collaborating with other designers to establish a world-class user experience for our customers across the Justworks product suite. Our ideal candidate pushes their clean design sense, is a seasoned systems-level thinker, & is constantly pushing to mold complex, dry experiences into simple, delightful ones.
What you'll do
- DefineCollaborate with product managers to identify & define product opportunities.
- CollectRun research sessions with customers & support teams to become expert in customer problems, needs, & mental models.
- AnalyzeFacilitate brainstorm sessions with your team, designers, & other departments to address the needs of our customers.
- DevelopDecipher complexity into delightful, user-friendly experiences by journey mapping, wireframing, prototyping, & visually refining designs.
- EvaluateSupport design decisions with intuition, data, testing internally, & leading user testing sessions with customers.
- ImplementCollaborate with engineers to refine all use cases, contribute to the design system, & ship quality products.
- IterateLeverage feedback, data, & your intuition to iterate on the designs.
- CollaborateWhile you will be on a cross-functional team, you will report to a product design manager & are expected to be vocal in design team reviews, share inspirational resources, & aid in brainstorms.
- ContributePush our internal design process & design system with consistency & efficiency in mind.
Who you are
- You have a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience designing web-based applications.
- You have a portfolio that shows us your process, a user-centered approach, & the results.
- Youre seasoned in designing web-based applications with an focus on tools or workflows.
- You're a advanced problem solver & are able to disseminate the reasons behind your design decisions.
- You value the details, but you also seek broad perspectives.
- You have a dedication for typography, information hierarchy, interaction design, & usability heuristics.
- You advocate for seeking feedback early & often from your coworkers & customers.
- You're quietly awesome, humble, thoughtful, & genuinely care about the quality of what ships to our customers.
- Youre a pro in Sketch & other design tools (we use InVision).
- Experience designing SASS products a double plus.
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, & life experience is the norm & is celebrated authentically & respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people & our product drives creativity & innovation, entrepreneurial leadership & integrity, competitiveness & collaboration throughout our business & in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, & our product accessible to all of our customers.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.