Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely & sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes & other chronic metabolic diseases without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science & digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission - to reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer at Virta, you will help build the foundation for all web applications including patient-facing applications & clinical workflow tools. You will have the opportunity to influence & build efficient & reusable front-end systems & abstractions, help find & address performance issues & identify & communicate front-end best practices by teaching & learning from fellow engineers.
- 2 + years of software development experience
- Experience with one or more of the following: Node.js, React, Vue, Angular, Web Components
- Experience building & maintaining performance, usability, & accessibility of an app on a variety of devices.
- Have a systems-thinking mindset when it comes to creating reusable code & consistent user experiences.
- Comfortable working with legacy code while working towards improving it.
- Experience debating technical & usability trade-offs (with respect to accessibility, performance, asset size, maintainability, single page app, API etc.)
Nice to haves
- Experience with Swagger, Puppeteer, Jest
- Experience using and/or building living design systems.
- Architect efficient & reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications.
- Help identify, address & maintain performance enhancements.
- Collaborate with Product & Design Engineers to iterate on the design & implementation of features on user-facing applications.
- Contribute & promote front-end best practices across the engineering team.
- Contribute to make front end development experience seamless for all developers.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Observe current development practices & propose, execute & evangelize one or more improvements.
- Observe current application performance & propose, execute & evangelize optimizations to improve them.
- Teach & inspire other engineering team members through knowledge sharing, pair programming, & giving feedback in code reviews.
- Code & ship at least one complex feature to users.
Virtas company values drive our culture, so youll do well if:
- You put people first & take care of yourself, your peers, & our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership & take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego & understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency & promote trust & empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based & prioritize data & science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks & rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security & privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security & privacy training will be provided.