At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. Were improving the worlds economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company & the customers we serve, & are committed to making every day count.
At ODX, were focused on helping banks reinvent the small business lending process. We provide a unique combination of market-leading software, analytic insights, & professional services to deliver a game changing digital experience. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of OnDeck (NYSE: ONDK), one of the largest online small business lenders, ODX draws on the heritage of $10 billion loaned over the last decade. Were improving the worlds economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company & the customers we serve, & are committed to making every day count.
An ODX-powered bank experience allows customers to apply digitally, receive immediate decisions, & obtain funding as fast as same day. At the core of the ODX solution is a modular, scalable, & secure SaaS platform that enables banks to create a fully end-to-end digital experience or to select certain components. By utilizing the ODX platform, banks can focus on their desired business outcomes such as improved customer experiences, increased portfolio growth, & reduced processing costs.
The Analytics Department at ODX builds financial products that empower our partners digital lending strategies. We provide solutions to our partners that the end customers - Small Business Owners - use to create financial leverage for their business. Our job starts with identifying our clients needs, exploring the feasibility of analytical solutions to those needs, & evaluating the business case viability of the preferred solution. We then work with different ODX departments to build & launch the analytical solution. But our job does not end there, because we also provide expert professional services to continuously monitor & improve our partners digital lending platforms. A good risk analyst possesses credit knowledge in the consumer lending space, thorough knowledge of data science, advanced statistical knowledge, & expertise in Python. Since the role requires frequent interaction with partners, strong communication skills are essential.
As a Risk Analyst at OnDeck on the ODX team, you will:
- Be integral to the team responsible for ODXs digital loan originations platform for banks
- Partner with leading global Banks to deliver large-scale transformation & improve lending strategies, statistical models, & controls across a full suite of products, geographic markets, & stages of the customer lifecycle
- Perform data pulls using SQL & analyze data using Python on small business data to improve credit strategies, business profitability, & customer experience
- Implement & review frameworks, documentation, policies, & algorithms that enable the efficient processing of credit risk management decisions
- Work with our Product, Technology & Bank Partnership teams to tackle issues & build out new risk management capabilities & refine existing ones
- Communicate with Senior internal & external stakeholders & executives
- Ideate & help launch next-generation lending products & structures that will drive the next round of innovation & disruption within the small business lending ecosystem
- Have a purpose driven impact in helping fuel large scale small business growth, the backbone of the economy
Necessary qualifications for success:
- Masters degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, or Mathematics from a top tier university
- 1 to 3 years of related experience in Statistical Analytics within the Financial Service industry
- Outstanding communicator. Possesses good written/oral communications skills, as well as the ability to present his/her views in a clear & compelling manner. Can effectively tailor communication to specific audiences. Adapts approach to fit the situation & people at hand. Has keen attention to detail, flawlessly executing role responsibilities.Stays open minded & proactively keeps communication going when there are breakdowns.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Personable & can quickly engender peoples confidences. Able to lead effectively without authority. Capable of building relationships, a good listener with outstanding interpersonal influencing qualities & a natural consultative style. Builds positive relationships with others to gain buy-in & achieve business results. Demonstrates active listening, & practices open, honest & direct communication.
- Strong Analytical & Problem Solving Skills.Previous experience in developing creative solutions to business strategy, technological, & operational problems
- Excellent SQL & analytic programming skills (Python, Excel), willingness to work closely with large data sets & get into the details with business processes
- Strong organization skills.Ability to absorb & organize large amounts of information & anticipate issues or conflicts as they come up
- Comfort in a fast-paced business-critical role that is a key contributor to OnDecks continued success
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing & thriving enterprises. Since 2007, weve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, were reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company & the customers we serve, & are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble & strong enough to make a big impact.
Benefits for you:
OnDeck believes that each & every team member plays an important role in our companys success. Thats why we strive to provide you & your family with a competitive & comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options & opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance & Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crains New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune & Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! Peoples Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crains New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes Americas Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive & diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDecks employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**