Help Flexport fix the user experience in global trade!
At Flexport, we know global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. Flexport today connects more than 10,000 clients, both consignees & shippers, across 109 countries. Our role is to help businesses of all sizes find the global trade solutions that will empower their success.
Now, more than ever, customers need our support to survive & win in 2020. Their success is our success. We work back from whats best for them to find a solution. Thats why we are building the Platform for Global Trade - a strategic model combining customer centricity, supply chain expertise, advanced technology & data analytics.
Our goal for this role is for you to be a proactive business partner to our clients & suppliers, designing & implementing the unique supply chain solutions that will propel our clients businesses forward. As a member of the Global Client Solutions Team, your mission will be to proactively grow our client relationships by building & implementing solutions to their critical supply chain challenges.
The Client Solutions Manager will manage a book of business where they will own the long-term client relationship, improving & growing the clients business by identifying & implementing new & enduring global trade solutions to drive the clients business forward. Here are some of the responsibilities for this role:
- You will use your advanced knowledge of the clients business goals, the industry, & Flexports services & solutions to proactively close & deliver new solutions that empower the client & deepen the client relationship.
- You will serve as the clients trusted advisor, advocating for their needs with internal stakeholders & finding win-win solutions for the client & for Flexport.
- You will use regular client touch points & business reviews to help clients understand the value they are realizing & to capitalize on new opportunities to deepen the relationship.
- You will work cross-functionally across Supply Chain Operations, Procurement, Account Solutions, Implementation, Industry SMEs, & Trade & Financial Services teams to develop & execute on the client strategy in a deliberate way that maximizes the clients outcomes.
- You will stay up-to-date on the latest industry & supply chain developments, so that you can proactively educate & support your clients through change.
- You will proactively monitor the clients health to identify opportunities to improve client outcomes & ensure that Flexport meets its business objectives.
- With the support of Client Solutions Associates, you will help the client improve operational processes & streamline its supply chain.
- You will ensure high product adoption by mastering the Flexport platform & teaching your clients how to get the most out of their Flexport experience.
- You will have constant opportunities to learn by attending & participating in account management meetings, training seminars, & workshops.
The Client Solutions Manager will have the unique opportunity to manage & mentor Client Solutions Associates, as they ensure that Flexport consistently delivers value & as they identify new opportunities to improve client outcomes & deepen the client relationship.
- You will be accountable for the growth & performance of Client Solutions Associates
- You will provide coaching on navigating difficult client conversations & collaborating with internal stakeholders.
- You will help Client Solutions Associates identify new business opportunities through a deep understanding of the clients supply chain, business metrics, & the Flexport solutions.
- You will teach them the fundamental skills of account management.
- You will provide constructive feedback during the companys performance cycle.
- You will make recommendations related to career growth opportunities.
You should have:
- 5+ years in consulting, operations, supply chain, or logistics
- 3+ years of experience in sales, account management, or client relations roles
- A strong leadership background with 2+ years of people management experience
- Hands-on, structured thinking with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong business acumen
- Bonus points for product development understanding
Why join Flexport?
Investing your time with Flexport means keeping pace with a rapidly growing business, learning new skills, & seeking opportunities to think from end to end. We appreciate your contributions to making Flexport an amazing place to work & we encourage upwards or lateral movement & transfers that align with current business needs & help Flexport deliver on its mission & unlock the potential in our team members.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.