For the first time, Stack Overflow is looking for a Senior Procurement Manager who will lead software procurement activities for Stack Overflow & be responsible for operating all aspects of purchasing, including implementing processes, policies & systems & otherwise lead & operate the procurement function. Responsibilities include negotiating inbound licensing agreements & other vendor agreements (which are mostly for software tools), vendor pricing, contract negotiation, develop & maintain vendor management program, develop, & track department KPIs to meet company objectives as well as maximize financial performance. Software & technology purchasing is an essential part of our business. The Senior Procurement Manager must work with other departments to ensure their procurement needs are met, while managing risk, maximizing vendor relationships & considering financial performance of the company. This is an individual contributor role.
What youll do:
- Establish, maintain, & report on measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities. This includes but is not limited to supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity & usage, & purchasing cost savings.
- Strategically develop & implement software supply chain strategies & supplier processes to deliver maximum value, leverage, & standardization.
- Establish & maintain Vendor Management Program, including a Vendor screening process & Vendor performance review.
- Negotiate all elements of Vendor agreements.
- Coordinate with Security, IT, Finance & Legal teams to ensure all vendors meet vendor requirements
- Establish & maintain purchasing best practices & procedures, including but not limited to RFP process, bid leveling, ethics, etc.
- Ensure that purchasing controls are established, enforced, & maintained.
- In conjunction with Finance, ensure vendors costs are correctly recorded & allocated in the Companys financial accounting system & forecasts
- Track, report, & drive cost saving efforts to maximize financial performance of the company.
- Develop & maintain vendor relationships.
- Address vendor issues (e.g. performance/missed SLAs, disputes, invoice accuracy, etc) with suppliers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What youll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, or relevant field or Juris Doctorate
- 5+ years of procurement experience required
- Experience creating & implementing company-wide/centralized processes
- Experience developing & implementing procurement or vendor management processes
- Must have experience working in the software industry
- Basic knowledge of IT systems & infrastructure
- Working knowledge of Jira, Google Suite & experience with vendor management and/contract management platforms
- Problem solving & critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills & organizational skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, as well as work independently with tight deadlines
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Able to be highly confidential
- Manages stress and/or fast pace effectively
- Demonstrated working knowledge in best practice procurement processes, negotiating purchase order terms, conditions, pricing, cost reductions, supplier qualification processes, vendor selection, & understanding of SaaS
- Experience working remotely/from home as an employee of a company with personnel located throughout the US & abroad
What youll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, & unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely. Well reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office Youll be in our headquarters in New York City, & enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, & all the espresso you can drink.
Were a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our office (re-opening June 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19), youll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check & upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company & better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can & we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.