Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Operations Analyst to join our Insurance Operations team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
As an Operations Analyst, you will take ownership of aspects of our insurance operations processes & identify areas for potential improvement. You will guide the development of process improvements & organize cross-functional support where needed. You will also help troubleshoot issues that arise by investigating the scope, cause & scale of the problem throughout our insurance operation.
You will work with internal Oscar teams ranging from network, sales, clinical, legal, & technical teams. You may also work with regulatory authorities & Oscars vendors.
Note that you will have the potential for tremendous growth & leadership opportunities as Oscar scales & expands into new markets. We are looking for people who are excited to grow with us.
You will report to one of our leaders on the Insurance Operations team.
Deliverables: What you have to achieve
During your first six weeks:
- Built an understanding of our operational policies & workflows.
- Developed some initial insights into opportunities for workflow improvements.
- Become well-acquainted with internal tools, data, & technical processes (e.g. database querying & dashboard creation).
- Begun to form working relationships across the Oscar team.
- Developed a comprehensive understanding of our performance metrics.
Afterwards & on an ongoing basis:
- Surface data, process, & technology issues through identification, measurement, & monitoring of our operations.
- Identify error trends, rectify, & determine how to prevent these errors moving forward.
- Improve existing workflows & work with & find automation opportunities.
- Support your team & leadership through guiding decisions & implementation on an ongoing basis.
- Identify areas for policy clarification & keep an eye on operational policies.
- Help create documentation of workflows, SOPs & policies.
- Maintain relationships with relevant team members as a representative of insurance operations.
Winning factors: What leads to success
Must-have qualifications & expertise include:
- A bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of professional experience
- Experience in SQL or similar database languages
- Experience using data to solve complex problems
- Experience improving & designing processes
We think it will make a big (positive) difference if you have...
- Experience in an operational rotational program
- Experience in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Enjoy applying technology in creative & novel ways
- Process improvement qualifications/certifications
Life at Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.