Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries & we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators & payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year & is now processing over 3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$370 million in funding, currently employ over 800 employees & have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong & other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products & services for our customers.
Changing the world isnt easy so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, & have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain & develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture & how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
The successful Total Rewards Manager will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced business environment. You will develop, analyse & review compensation programs, policies & procedures to be responsive to WorldRemits goals & competitive practices.
projects & programmes in order to drive the business forward. The role is a great opportunity for a dynamic, resourceful & solutions driven individual who likes to work in an international environment & is keen to make an impact.
The role is based in London & will be supported by HR teams located in Poland, Philippines & the US, acting as an agent of change in the department & the business at large. Working across all aspect of the functions remit. Role will report to Chef People Officer.
- As a sole contributor, you will play a key part in the design, delivery & partnership of global Reward programmes
- Work closely with the global HR team to provide insights & best practice, collect job data & consistently manage the job-levelling / job architecture process
- Promote a pay for performance culture
- Effectively benchmark jobs using market & internal data to ensure consistency in the pay structure across the entire organisation
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines & procedures; recommending plan revisions, as well as conceiving new plans that are cost-effective & consistent with compensation trends & corporate objectives
- Effectively communicate & market our Total Reward offerings
- Identify relevant market data & trends regarding executive compensation & present recommendations.
- Monitor cost differentials, taxes for equalisation & country specific incentives & variable pay.
- Analyse country specific data & relevant market trends, develop salary structures & market pricing recommendations.
- Keeps apprised of local, national & regional compensation laws & regulations to ensure company compliance.
- Build & implement tools to streamline annual processes (i.e. salary reviews, benefits open enrolment, benchmarking)
- Partners with Business HR leaders & Business Partners to provide guidance on all components of reward management (i.e. job evaluation, executive offers & the allocation of base, bonus etc).
- Monitoring employee information, analysing practices of competitors, identifying leading practices & provide HR & senior leadership with effective compensation analytics to help business identify issues & solve problems.
- Create & maintain strong partnerships across the business to ensure WR offers a comprehensive complete total rewards package to address talent attraction, retention & motivation.
- Provide thought leadership to business on compensation issues including new hire packages, performance recognition, incentive plans, retention arrangements & compensation structure etc.
- Complete & review benchmarking exercises group wide including job architecture, evaluation & families.
- Hay, Towers Watson or Mercer job evaluation methodology
- Lead the annual benefits programmes, Pension, Increments, Bonus etc.
- Alongside Talent, develop & successfully deliver the Performance initiative.
- Ideally will have experience of working across multiple business lines in a diversified organisation within same scale;
- Successful track record in delivery of compensation & benefit related strategies and/or large-scale transformation projects;
Summary of required experience & attributes
- To be successful in this role, you will need to have extensive experience working in the Total Rewards industry, specifically having worked across multiple countries, regions & jurisdictions.
- Ideally you will come from a consultancy or professional services environment
- Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to base compensation & incentive compensation programs, company policies, & operations.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint skills required.
- Experience designing, executing, & implementing programs
- Global/international experience
- Comfortable with ambiguity & ability to work autonomously with minimal direction
- Hands on approach
- Team Player
- Coaching Skills
- Strategic Thinker
- Communication Skills-up to C Level
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical & dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast & fruit every day & Friday 'afternoon tea' drinks & nibbles.
- No formal dress code