Senior People Operations Lead
Deliveroo launched in 2013. Fast forward to 2020, & we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges & an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
Were already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Yet, most of the extraordinary value Deliveroo will generate lies ahead of us. To help us pave the path for 2021 & beyond, weve created a new team to lead on people strategy for the business.
About the role
Reporting to our Head of People Operations, you will help us deliver the infrastructure, processes & programs that support our employees across the globe. You may be involved in everything from helping to design & implement the tools & systems that we use through to helping us shape People policy & decisions that affect the whole company. This role is all about scale - helping us to build the People infrastructure that will support the company for the future years. Youll have long-term set projects & responsibilities, but will also be expected to respond quickly to any challenges or incidents that may arise.
Were looking for someone that has a passion for People & understands that building process & infrastructure can help the entire company run more efficiently & effectively.
This is an individual contributor role, but one that will have a lot of responsibility & impact on everything that our employees do.
What youll be doing
- Creating structure & processes that help scale our business across thousands of employees.
- Solving People-related challenges that help us to unlock efficiencies in the way we operate & help make Deliveroo a great place to work.
- Build world class people tools & systems, in collaboration with our People Systems engineering team.
- Using data & insight to determine the best approach to solving problems.
What were looking for
- Extensive experience solving complex People related issues at scale.
- Experience of running People programs, operations & infrastructure at scale.
- Incredible attention to detail.
- Strong ability to develop highly effective partnerships across all levels, applying influence without using formal authority to deliver results
- Demonstrated communication, facilitation, & project management skills
- Strong curiosity & a willingness to challenge the status quo while maintaining a collaborative approach
- Solid analytical skills
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines & restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, & giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants & consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world, & we do this in real-time. Millions of customers & thousands of restaurants & riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
The global food market is valued at 7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking & travel to retail & communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
And we're just getting started.
Benefits & Diversity
At Deliveroo, we know that people are the heart of the business & we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away & relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in & how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food & a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.