At Squarespace, our brand is a top priority. From our celebrity-driven Super Bowl commercials (Keanu Reeves, Dolly Parton, John Malkovich, Idris Elba), to our quarterly advertising campaigns, we invest in work that is visible, talked about & beautifully crafted.
As we continue to build our award-winning in-house creative team, were looking for a Senior Art Director who is strategically fluent, conceptually strong & has serious hands-on design chops. This person should be able to work across TV, short & long-form video, OOH, social, digital, partnerships & more.
This role reports to the Creative Director in our New York headquarters. All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Develop & produce conceptually-driven campaigns with a high degree of craft.
- Balance conceptual & hands-on design responsibilities. Big idea people who cant execute need not apply.
- Ensure that every brief, large or small, meets our creative standards & business goals.
- Collaborate with other art directors, copywriters, designers, motion designers & producers, as well as external production partners.
- 5+ years of experience as an advertising art director at agencies, studios or in-house.
- A portfolio that shows strong strategic & conceptual campaign thinking applied across a range of deliverables, including TV/video.
- Impeccable taste, as well as a practitioner's background in design.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop & other modern design tools.
- Ability to create compelling presentations & sell work to stakeholders.
- Broad awareness of trends in culture & technology.
- Experience running productions & partnering with directors, photographers, motion designers & illustrators.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.