Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa is seeking a Senior SW Engineer focusing on function testing & test automation within the Visa Business Solutions Product Development team which is a part of Visa's Data organization & is responsible for designing, developing & managing 20+ Information products & services for Visa's Commercial line of products. Our range of products include data processing platforms, BI reporting & data mining solutions, B2B payments platform etc. This position reports to Director, Visa Business Solutions - B2B Services
Primary responsibilities will include
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope/delivery dates
- Implement & develop automated test practices for web applications using Selenium, Cucumber, Groovy, & more
- Design, create & execute test scripts to address areas such as functional testing, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, & performance testing
- Coordinate with your scrum team & development counterparts in overseeing bug tracking, test prioritization, test automation & release.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements & refinements to standards, best practices & testing methodologies.
- Participate in root cause analysis & track defect resolution to completion
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other related technology discipline
- 3+ years relevant work experience or an equivalent mix of work experience in software development or testing.
- Good understanding of test methodologies is a must (exploratory, load, stress, mobile, acceptance, regression, security, performance, black/white box, web-based/service-based/data-flow-based).
- Experience with web application, web services standards & related technologies (XML, SOAP, JSON, REST, etc.).
- Experience with Functional & Regression Test Automation using Selenium, Cucumber, QTP, SoapUI etc.
- Experience with Performance Test Automation using JMeter, HP Performance Center, Load Runner etc.
- Programming experience with Java
- Experience with cross-browser & cross-device test implementation
- Experience with DB2 or another RBMS
- Must be proficient with scripting languages such as Unix Shell & Groovy scripts
- Experience with database query tools & ability to write & run SQL queries for data validation.
- Experience with Continuous Integration
- Experience with Mobile application testing is a plus
- Ability to quickly understand code & specifications
- Strong interpersonal & communication (both written & verbal) skills is must.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects & change direction mid-course based on business drivers.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex organization to determine business & customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- Ability to work independently in a high throughput environment
- Past experience in Payment industry & Commercial Cards product line is a plus.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.