Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms, & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation, & vehicle history.
We are looking for a Data Analyst who can further the teams mission of solving core business problems with data science. As we scale our teams impact to the organization, we need a SQL & data visualization expert who can help us monitor the performance of the predictive models we build, & help wrangle the data we use to build models.
What youll do:
- Write DBT (Data Build Tool) transformations in SQL (Snowflake) that we can use to train & test our machine learning models
- Become an expert in how data is organized at CarGurus, & a go-to source of such information on the data science team
- Build data visualizations, using Looker, that we can use to track the performance of production models
- Become an expert at optimizing SQL queries using our distributed data warehouse (Snowflake)
- Serve as a liaison between the data science team, analytics engineering team, & product analytics team, staying on top of the latest technologies being adopted, & major changes to underlying data schemas
- Build automated tests to ensure the integrity of the data ingested by the data science team (using DBT)
- Work closely with data scientists, & collaborate closely on new data science projects
- (Optional, depending on interest & math background) Perform & deliver statistical analyses
- (Optional, depending on interest & python skills) Perform data analyses using tools in the jupyter/pandas python ecosystem, & present findings to team members
Who you are:
- 2+ years of experience in a data analytics role
- Expertise in SQL
- Experience with Snowflake or a similar cloud data warehouse is a plus
- Experience with DBT is also a plus
- Experience with Looker, Tableau or similar data visualization tools
- Previous experience with or exposure to statistics & machine learning is preferred
- Experience with scientific python libraries is not vital, but a plus
- Strong organizational skills & code documentation habits
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, & oral communication skills
- Transparent communicator who is open, honest, & collaborative
- Driven self-starter, who is accountable for their work, & proud to take ownership
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women & other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat & see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning & development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks & benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, & more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace, but trust & transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves & their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada & the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA & London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.
We recognize that flexibility plays a critical role in enabling our people to thrive in both their personal & professional lives. We currently welcome Gurus into our Cambridge, MA office on a voluntary basis but do not require employees to physically be in the office. We will adopt a hybrid working model when health experts & government officials in our local communities deem it safe to do so. Specific arrangements within this model will be up to team leaders discretion; we encourage you to discuss your questions & needs during the interview process.
All US CarGurus employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. This helps us to safeguard the health of our employees & their families, our customers & visitors, & the community at large.