Bad software is everywhere, & were tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $67 million in funding & 20,000 customers that believe were on to something, we're building performance & error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, & Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs & more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
As a Unity Engineer on our client infrastructure (SDK) team, you'll join a cross-functional group of Software Engineers that is responsible for the client facing operation of Sentry. You'll be driving the evolution of Sentry's monitoring tools for Unity on all platforms. You'll take the lead in developing a monitoring SDK to allow Unity users to take advantage of all features that Sentry has to offer. We want Sentry Unity users to have a great experience with Sentry within 15 minutes.
This role is about making Unity developers like you, have a great experience developing & shipping high quality experiences that delight.
In this role you will:
- Develop first-class client library & editor integration for Unity.
- Work with the team to write cross platform code, that targets mobile, web, desktop & consoles.
- Puzzle over unique challenges in the fields of compilers, debugging, engine internals, low-level optimization.
- Use a variety of programming languages, systems, & technologies to own & solve problems related to platforms Unity supports or that we use at Sentry (C# / Java / Objective-C / C++, but also Python & TypeScript.)
- Collaborate with Infrastructure & Operations teams to build solutions that scale (we process over a billion events every day.)
- Write unit & integration tests that ensure the correctness of your work, as well as strong documentation to help educate both peers & customers.
- Assist Customer Operations to resolve live customer issues when bugs sneak into production caused by the SDKs.
You'll love this job if you:
- You take pride in building features that don't just work, but are also delightful to use.
- You build a product by developers for developers.
- You join a modern software development team that iterates & ships code rapidly.
- You contribute to open source full-time our product is entirely Open Source.
- You work with collaborative, thoughtful engineers who push themselves & others to do better.
- 3+ years as a Software Engineer using Unity Engine
- Experience in developing for mobile platforms (iOS and/or Android.)
- Experience in programming languages used on mobile platforms (Objective-C, Java, Kotlin, Swift)
- Bonus points for experience with maintaining open source libraries.
- Good written & spoken English communication skills.
- Live in the Toronto, Ontario area or are willing to relocate.
- Have a valid work permit for Canada.
- Contribute to an open source product used by almost a million of your fellow developers & tens of thousands of companies
- Be part of an experienced & renowned team that cares a lot about diversity, inclusivity, & quirkiness
- Competitive salary & meaningful equity
- Commuter subsidy
- Flexible working schedule
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid healthcare including vision & dental.
- Pet friendly office
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands) & visits to our SF headquarters
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity & inclusivity in our company & is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.