Were hiring an Office Coordinator. This is a contract position.
This person must be able to come into our office in New York, NY every Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday from 9AM-5PM EST. There is an opportunity to work remotely with more hours on Mondays & Fridays if needed.
As the Office Coordinator on the People & Culture Team, you will help manage our office operations & employee experience.
How youll contribute to our mission
- Manage reception area welcome visitors, answer phone calls, security cameras, tidy reception area as needed
- Mail & packages sort through all incoming mail & packages, & ensure appropriate party receives, ship packages & mail as needed
- Kitchen management order & restock the snacks, coffee & water machines & fridges, maintain inventory, request maintenance as needed, ensure kitchen is clean & organized
- Manage lunch orders set up daily food catering, coordinate delivery of daily lunch, manage users in platform
- In-office events order catering, lunch or alcohol beverages as needed for events, create calendar invites, set up & break down space as needed
- Conference room walkthroughs ensure all rooms & all areas of the office are tidy & have proper supplies, cords, PPE
- Manage relationship with building schedule freight elevator, schedule repairs, maintenance or shared office space updates as needed
- Manage office supplies send, order & refill swag as needed, refill the printers with paper & ink, ensure supply cabinets are stocked, reorder low supplies & PPE, & provide supplies upon employee requests
- Manage office cleaning ensure office is cleaned daily, send requests & feedback as needed to day time & nighttime cleaners
- Coordinate employee experience gifts order birthday treats, anniversary gifts, wedding gifts, flowers, sympathy gifts, holiday gifts
- Assist with onboarding & offboarding create keycards for new hires, I 9 verifications, add new hires milestones to calendar, add to onboarding invites, assist with Buddy program
- Brainstorm employee initiatives/events cultural celebrations, create monthly calendar of events, design in-office chalkboard
- T&E reports keep track of corporate card receipts to complete a monthly expense report
- Give office tours & training (ie fire safety, emergency exits, roof usage) to new hires or anyone who visits the office
Youre ready for this! Heres a bit more about what were looking for
- 1+ years in an office/facilities coordinator position; experience with HR/admin duties is a plus
- Comfort handling employee needs in a fast paced office
- Strong attention to detail & ability to quickly adapt to changing environments & schedules
- Collaboration & team mentality, with an intuition on when you should jump in & get things done without requests
- Creativity & resourcefulness in regards to ideas on how to improve office processes & culture
Our story, Skimmd
Were a mission-driven digital media company giving millennial women the information they need to live their smartest lives.
At our core, we are writers, editors, producers, designers, marketers, engineers, analysts, sellers, creatives & strategists all working together to achieve this goal.
Since launching in 2012, we have become a trusted source for a community of millions of Skimmrs by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way our audience consumes news & makes decisions. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, remains the fastest-growing newsletter on the market, & we continue to innovate, find new ways to Skimm everything from finance & careers to voting, wellness & downtime. Our product suite has expanded to include three top-rated podcasts, Skimm This'', Pop Cultured, & 9 to 5ish, theSkimm mobile app, Skimm Money & Skimm Your Life newsletters, a new virtual course series called SkimmU, & Skimm Studios for innovative in-house video & audio content. Our first book, How to Skimm Your Life, was released in June 2019 & debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list.
And were not done! We continue to grow the breadth of our offerings in lifes necessary categories & by expanding our products across events, commerce, customized content & audio, our ecosystem will become the go-to resource for this generation - & the ones that follow - in the most critical areas of their lives.
Learn more about us & our other opportunities here.
What about the office?
This is a contract role based in New York, NY. This person must be able to come into the office Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday from 9AM-5PM EST. There is an opportunity to work remotely with more hours on Mondays & Fridays if needed.
We will require COVID-19 vaccinations for anyone coming to our office. We are following CDC recommendations & will also require additional boosters, & will always follow CDC & NY state guidance on wearing masks in the office.