Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, lifes special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship & tradition found behind local pizzerias counters. Were here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools & services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
Slice is looking for a data scientist with solid experience in marketing & digital advertising platforms to join our Business Data Science team. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of order attribution & how it may affect business outcomes to help drive the success of our marketing efforts. You have a track record of partnering with other teams in Product, Engineering & Operations on cross-functional initiatives. You are scrappy & excited about working in an evolving business & data infrastructure, you feel passionate about building a data-driven culture of the company & having a huge impact on a growing team.
What youll do:
- Work on tracking, measuring & modeling acquisition, attribution & campaign performance across different marketing channels
- Partner closely with the data engineers to bring rigor to the performance marketing data flows.
- Execute on strategies & tactics to improve both the marketing effectiveness & efficiency of media performance, drive insights & recommendations to optimize marketing efforts
- Build full-cycle experiments, reports, & dashboards using SQL, R, Python, or other scripting & statistical tools
- Work on cross-functional projects under the direction of Marketing Analytics manager
Who You Are:
- BS in statistics, mathematics or related quantitative fields
- 2+ years of analytics experience in Marketing & paid media, either within an agency or in a large marketing organization; experience with A/B testing preferred.
- Proficiency in SQL & experience in data ETL in large database systems
- Experience in running advanced analyses in languages such as Python, R, etc.
- A proven track record of using analysis to impact key business decisions
- The ability to clearly & effectively communicate the results of complex analyses
- Ability to manage small projects & to operate as the point of contact for the business partner.
- Experience in software engineering, data engineering, consulting, or academic research a plus
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, & shared services they need to serve todays digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains & form the nations largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops & discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his familys New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If youre ambitious, interested in growing your career, & hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards weve recently won for our workplace & culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.