BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
Business Strategy at Pure
What makes this team unique in contrast to other opportunities? Here at Pure Storage employees get a much wider exposure to strategy development & market execution. This team is closely aligned with both the Sales & Finance organizations & presents strategic guidance directly to top management. Business Strategy works closely with product management, engineering, finance, marketing & many other teams to develop partnership strategies, influence product vision, & establish go-to-market plans. The successful candidate will have 360 visibility to all aspects of business management - from strategic planning to deal execution, from initial strategic idea to full go-to-market implementation.
Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for a highly talented commercial professional with exceptional problem solving skills to join our Business Strategy team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing commercial decision making & growth initiatives within Pure Storages APJ Theatre & occasionally for initiatives that touch the whole company.
What You Will Be Doing
This role is both strategic & tactical: it supports daily as well as strategic decision making. This role will require timely collaboration between multiple, passionate stakeholders for urgent, time-sensitive decisions.
- Develop a strong understanding of Pures business model, competitive landscape & product offers
- Review incoming deals for accuracy, fitness & alignment with policies & strategic initiatives
- Understand common deal patterns & drive pricing & monetization strategies to win deals
- Provide day to day decisions that guide the business towards companys long term goals
- Manage complex deal engagements, creatively structure & model deals & coordinate internal approvals for them
- Trusted advisor to APJ sales & sales leadership on commercials, sharing insights & trends on key business metrics
- Be the go-to Business Partner in cross-functional teams of Sales, Finance, Legal & Product Management - shaping & analysing large & complex deals to maximize key business metrics.
- Stay abreast of disruptive players/vendors entering the market
- Analyse market trends & customer feedback to anticipate customer needs, features, & functional requirements from which the product, engineering, technical & development teams can design, build, test & implement new products & offerings
- Support APJ commercial policy & investments/growth projects
- Collaborate & present to functional leaders on a regular basis. Anticipate business questions by proactively developing targeted analysis, & support quarterly business reviews with local sales leadership
- Work closely with cross functional teams including corporate functions in California
- Maintain a confident, well informed point-of-view to challenge conventional or entrenched views
What You Bring To The Team
- Strong communication skills - written & spoken English & Japanese.
- Great business acumen & exceptional problem-solving skills, seeing a challenge through to the end
- Collaborative & open style which is proactive & service oriented
- Strong analytical & critical thinker with the ability to solve complex problems
- Can-do attitude, ability to quickly get up to speed with complex new topic areas, & capable of driving insight to tangible action plans
- 8 years of experience, preferably in the high tech industry, of which 2+ years of experience in commercial management, product management, or comparable function
- Ability to gain & maintain credibility with senior management
- Strong & effective verbal & written skills
- Storage industry experience a plus
- International travel is required on a regular basis including travel to the US
- Quantitative undergraduate degree (e.g. business, finance, economics, science, engineering, or a related field)
- MBA highly beneficial
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.