OpenFin is a fast-growing financial technology company backed by the worlds largest banks & most respected Fintech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, & Pivot Investment Partners. OpenFin modernizes & democratizes app development & distribution in the finance space. We provide a secure OS that brings a fast & intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on Googles Chromium & GitHubs Electron open source projects, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, & robust security with an agile web development & deployment model to accelerate digital transformation & innovation. OpenFin is used by thousands of developers to deploy & run more than 1200 apps at more than 1500 financial institutions.
About the Role
OpenFins QA team is seeking an individual with technical expertise & quality assurance know-how to transform OpenFins testing infrastructure. As part of the team youll partner with our engineers to build & maintain a testing suite that ensures stability, durability & efficiency across all our products. In this role, you will have the ability to influence decisions & drive the direction of OpenFins Quality Assurance activities across development & the QA teams.
As an SDET you will:
- Collaborate with Engineers & other QA Automation Engineers to review new application features & devise appropriate automated testing strategies prior to development
- Architect & develop robust, scalable & high quality automation testing solutions for functional, regression & performance testing for OpenFin software (Desktop for Mac & Windows)
- Contribute to a quality engineering practice that thrives in finding problems before our users do & that finds innovative ways to break systems
- Form cross-functional partnerships with engineers & product managers to identify production quality solutions to improve scalability, resilience, reliability, consistency & performance
- Identify gaps in automated testing process (unit, integration, etc) & devise ways to close them
Were looking for colleagues with:
- 3- 6+ years of software development or heavy QA automation experience across Desktop & web based software
- Exposure to Mocha, Python, Selenium, Puppeteer, Jest & other best in class testing frameworks
- Excellent knowledge in building, maintaining & executing automated test harnesses
- Experience with Windows & Mac desktop applications & web front-end testing
- Quality first mindset, reliable self-starter, solutions-oriented individual with attention to detail
- Excellent analytical thinking, oral & written communication skills with agile ability to influence peers