Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
The Communications team at Mailchimp works across departments to develop & share messages for both internal & external audiences. This role will focus on external communications, but provide internal support as needed.
Were looking for a Corporate Communications Associate to support our team, focusing specifically on helping Mailchimp share stories about our marketing platform, products & capabilities, & partnerships. Youll help build processes & develop successful PR strategies to position Mailchimp as a leading marketing platform for small business.
The ideal candidate will have experience supporting & leading a variety of communications projects, including media relations, PR, & message development. The role requires initiative, strong writing, communication, & critical thinking skills, the ability to prioritize & manage multiple tasks & work cross-functionally, proven media relations experience, flexibility, & a willingness to learn.
What you'll do:
- Leading platform, product, & partnerships media & PR opportunities including product launches & partnership announcements (strategy & message development, research & reading, speaking & events, media pitching, background materials)
- Working with cross-functional teams & agency partners to drive positive PR outcomes & results
- Supporting other corporate communications & PR initiatives
- Working with internal communications team to ensure strategic alignment
- Supporting executive & strategic communications initiatives (event backgrounders for executives, social media opportunities & copy)
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience in a PR or corporate communications role; some PR agency experience a plus
- Strong writing & editing skills
- Self-starter with experience managing projects from ideation to completion
- Preferred experience in technology industry, B2B, or SaaS product PR
- Understanding of the Mailchimp platform & our business
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.
We love our hometown & support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.