Who are we?
Vestwell believes that all Americans should have easy access to a retirement account which is why weve created a digital platform that makes it simpler to offer & administer 401(k) plans. By combining the expertise of an advisor with the sophistication of a technology provider, weve modernized the retirement offering while removing traditional friction points. As a result, advisors get an easy button for expanding their business, employers get a cost-effective solution without the administrative burden, & employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long term saving goals.
With backing from leading Fintech & Finserv investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of change in the $7 trillion 401(k) market. Our team believes in the mission weve set out to achieve & were working hard to get there. Were ambitious, honest, thoughtful, & fun. Oh, & were really good at ping pong.
Who are we looking for?
The team is expanding & were excited about bringing onboard an experienced Full Stack Engineer with 3-5 years of experience working on all facets of the application stack. Thats everything from Node & React back through the API layers & solving design challenges at the schema level.
Youre a great fit for our team if you balance thinking through edge cases meticulously & planning for future growth & change well. Most of all, you must be passionate about what you create & about the impact it can have. That matters to us, a lot.
What will you be doing at Vestwell?
Vestwell is an agile shop and, in this environment, you will work closely with our Chief Technology Officer to establish, track, & achieve goals for each sprint successfully. Were big believers in deadlines here & expect senior team members to be a model example for everyone else. Your job includes consistently providing expertise, leadership, & support to the rest of the development team.
Day-to-day you will also be expected to:
- Collaborate closely with our Senior Technical Architect & the rest of the Vestwell team to build out the front-end services that our clients interact with every day.
- Work with both engineering & product teams to drive solution design.
- Create complex logical frameworks, workflows, RESTful API endpoints, & JSON formats to exchange key data with the rest of the platform.
- Write new services, including financial API integrations, maintain existing services, write tests, & yes, fix bugs.
- Help plan, automate & scale our infrastructure.
- Provide production support at times & train the junior engineers.