Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps & services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, & advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions & manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts & technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open & collaborative work environment that rewards creativity & perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots & Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First & Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career & opportunities will grow as well.
Reporting to the Director of Technical Recruiting, the Lead Technical Recruiter is a strategic partner to Sr. Leadership & hiring teams. This includes developing hiring plans, strategies, driving recruiting tactics, & working to continually improve hiring standards. The company is seeking an individual with a successful track record of uncovering & understanding the needs of the business & matching this by delivering exceptional talent. This includes seeking alignment & clarity from partners, driving the hiring of complex and/or high volume critical roles, & setting high-performance standards while earning the respect & trust of partners & the team.
- Directly responsible for reaching & achieving hiring goals while delivering diverse, high-quality talent
- Manage full life-cycle recruitment processes including but not limited to job postings, candidate sourcing, candidate communication, & maintenance of candidate records via our applicant tracking system
- Provide mentorship & guidance to peers, hiring managers, & cross-functional partners
- Develop hiring strategies & execution for complex and/or high volume roles
- Identify, develop, & drive new processes & practices across recruiting
- Build long-term relationships with candidates, hiring managers, & partners
- Develop & drive hiring programs in partnership with Recruiting Leadership & Cross-Functional Partners
- Provide accurate data, reporting, & insight to the teams you support
- Mentor, coach & help develop others across the team
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of recruiting experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience developing candidate pipelines through sourcing, referral generation, & partnerships
- Domain expertise in 1 or more functional area with the ability to quickly build expertise in new areas
- Combination of agency & in-house recruiting experience
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced / hyper-growth environment
- Ability to recruit for all levels of an organization with experience partnering with mid-level to senior management
- Ability to communicate highly complex ideas/issues in a manner that is easily understood by others.
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual Hack Week to support & reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts & employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays & more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity & will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military & veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.