At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
If you are passionate about building large-scale distributed data processing systems & are motivated to make an impact in creating a robust & scalable data platform - we would love to talk to you. Data is the only way we make decisions, its the core of our business helping us create an extraordinary transportation experience for our customers & providing insights into the effectiveness of our product & features.
You will be a part of an Observability team that builds the data transport, collection, storage, as well as search & discovery solutions for all metrics & logs collected at Lyft. These solutions serve as eyes & ears for all of Lyft. This is a high impact, high visibility role that directly affects the experiences of all engineers at Lyft. In this position, you will shape the vision & architecture of Lyfts next-generation Observability stack making it easy for developers to build data & metrics-driven products & features connecting millions of our drivers & passengers. You will be responsible for developing a reliable infrastructure that scales orders of magnitude, along with the companys incredible growth.
We are a team of engineers constantly striving to create an amazing experience for our customers & ourselves, & we believe data brings everything together. We build & operate metrics, dashboards & log search tools that, in turn power the creativity & productivity at Lyft. You will be a part of an experienced engineering team & work with passionate leaders on challenging distributed systems problems. We highly regard Lyfts core values & trust you will add positively to them in your own way.
- Design, build & operate large-scale data infrastructure systems
- Mentor & guide more junior engineers on the team
- Collaborate with engineers across other teams at Lyft on ways to improve the stack
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality & distribute knowledge, including Open-Source projects
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, & evangelizing appropriate tech & engineering best practices
- Deep understanding of distributed systems concepts & principles (consistency & availability, liveness & safety, durability, reliability, fault-tolerance, consensus algorithms)
- Experience bringing open source software to production at scale (ElasticSearch, Honeycomb, Spark, Kafka, etc)
- Experience designing, implementing & debugging distributed systems that run across thousands of nodes & handle significant amount of traffic
- Experience configuring, identifying performance bottlenecks
- Able to think through long-term impacts of key design decisions & handling failure scenarios
- Great medical , dental, & vision insurance options.
- In addition to 11 observed holidays , salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off.
- Monthlycommutersubsidytocoveryourtransittowork & 20% of all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.