Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals & activism (The Dodo) & science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion video views everymonthwhile providing consumers 360-degree experiences acrossweb, social, VR & live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, & if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
Group Nine is currently seeking a Manager / Sr. Manager of FP&A who will be a key member of the Finance leadership team. The individual in this role will lead all FP&A processes & will be responsible for assisting leadership in an analytical capacity across FP&A, strategic finance & corporate development. This role will manage a team of two senior analysts & report to the Director of Finance with exposure to the C-Suite & other members of the Senior Management.
- Lead & manage the FP&A team
- Own company-wide long-range strategic planning, annual budgeting & reporting processes
- Track performance against budget via monthly & quarterly forecast updates
- Develop & communicate key financial metrics to inform strategic & operational decision making. Provide strategic thought leadership & analysis to identify actionable opportunities across the business
- Partner with the accounting team to build a comprehensive & cohesive financial reporting process for company leadership
- Manage all month-end investor reporting & correspondence, & quarterly board reporting
- Assist in business & corporate development activities such as product launches, JVs, M&A & fundraising
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting and/or related field
- Must have 5+ years of relevant work experience in financial modeling and/or relevant analytical roles
- Ideal candidate will have working knowledge of the Media sector & background in corporate finance via FP&A, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, and/or management consulting
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of accounting concepts & is an expert in Microsoft Excel & other office suites (Strong knowledge of Macros & VBA is a plus)
- Highly personable, friendly & has the ability to forge relationships across the company
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented, pro-active & able to manage multiple projects to deadlines with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally & with senior business leaders
- Independent thinker, motivated self-starter, & positive attitude
- Can operate in an extremely fast-growing organization with quickly shifting priorities & can adapt to changing,demanding,fast-paced environment
- Team player with curiosity & drive; collaboration is key
We have amazing people.We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We value development.We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
We care about you.We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, & federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future.We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value diversity & inclusivity.Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, & tea.Who needs anything else?
About Group Nine
Group Nine reaches more people on mobile than any publisher in the U.S. Our mission is to tell great stories that spark action & make a real difference. With nearly 45M Americans engaging with our content every day [source: Nielsen Digital Content Ratings, January 2019], Group Nine's brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 70% of Americans ages 18-34 every month [source: Nielsen, December 2018]. Audiences spend nearly 3 billion minutes a month engaging with our category-defining brands - NowThis, the no. 1 most watched mobile news brand in the world; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand on digital; Thrillist, the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand in the U.S. In 2017, Group Nine acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion & Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.