Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions & consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clientsincluding more than 50% of the Fortune 100choose Foursquare.
Foursquares toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual & Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze & identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquares industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter & Uber; & optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago & Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap, & then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners & more.
About the team:
The BI team is responsible for integrating, synthesizing & interpreting critical business data. We provide critical support to the business by creating sophisticated reporting tools that the business can use on data-driven decisions & we deliver deep dive analysis to measure results of actions that we have taken or to answer challenging business questions. We are still a fairly new team & there are a lot of exciting projects where you can build value from scratch, including (but not limited to) discovering new KPI to better understand the business & exposing new usage data that our business users could not access before.
About the role:
The Business Intelligence Sr Analyst reports directly to the VP of BI. As a BI Sr Analyst, you will engage with cross functional teams to uncover trends, define new KPI, gather requirements & create automated visualizations in Tableau that will answer key strategic questions & provide business visibility to executive & operations teams. You will also own project management activities for the monthly reporting process, including QA & coordination of reporting streams with technical & client solutions teams.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Develops & updates Tableau dashboards & ad hoc visualizations for Sales, Client Solutions, Product & Executive teams
- Gather requirements from cross functional teams to capture key business questions needed to be answered
- Coordinate monthly reporting ensuring timelines are achieved
- Deliver data ingestions to BI data warehouse with special attention on data quality & minimizing reporting data gaps
- Train users on best practices to interact with BI Tableau reports
- Create & maintain documentation including requirements, design & user manuals
- Deliver adhoc analysis & data pulls to multiple internal customers including Sales, Client Solutions, Product & Executive teams
- 3+ years of relevant business analysis experience in Business Intelligence, Finance, Revenue Analytics roles
- Extremely well-organized, data driven & comfortable managing multiple projects/ stakeholders
- Advanced Tableau skills (or other visualization tools)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proven ability to build strong cooperative working relationships with business partners/ department heads/ coworkers
- Ability to synthesize data into a clear story for both internal & external constituents
- Ability to embrace new technology, applications & solutions
- Desire to often work with people as well as be a self-motivated team player
- BA or BS degree
Nice to have:
- Experience with working with Salesforce
- SQL Experience
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.