At Chobani, we make sure every cup we sell meets a happy customer. We’re a dedicated team. And it’s easy to be dedicated when you’re a part of something much bigger than yourself. We’ve got an insatiable appetite for making a difference.
Chobani’s Category & Consumer Development team leverages category, consumer & shopper insights data to guide decisions made by the broader Demand Department – a united department that integrates marketing, sales, insights, product innovation & commercial finance. As a key member of the Demand Department, the Category & Consumer Insights Analyst contributes to driving company sales & gaining advantage over competitors by creating value-added tools/programs to uncover category & shopper insights that drive increased performance at retail.
The responsibilities of this position include:
• Conduct projects involving sales, pricing, category management, new item development, forecasting, promotional activity & post event-analysis, merchandising, retail execution, finance & profitability
• Leverage passion for reporting to develop new tools & templates to simplify the analysis process as well as the output to the Demand team
• Generate strategic planograms to maximize category sales
• Design & build survey questionnaires, facilitate data collection, clean quantitative & qualitative data, interpret & evaluate statistical outputs, create recommendations based on findings, prepare results summaries for non-quantitative audiences
• Effectively analyze multiple data sources to obtain pertinent & accurate information to track key performance indicators versus objectives & address complex business problems
• Utilize syndicated data, account-specific data, consumer & shopper insights to provide regular summaries to internal teams on category & brand performance & drivers
• Provide ongoing trend analysis (business performance & driver) to seize value-creating opportunities as well as take corrective action as necessary
• Interact & collaborate with Innovation, Marketing Communication, Category Development, Sales, & Creative team peers
• Ad hoc business reporting necessary to answer time sensitive questions
The requirements of this position include:
• Bachelor's degree required
• Minimum of 2+ years of experience in marketing analysis (or previous experience as a category analyst) with specific knowledge of IRI and/or Nielsen systems, data & their use in building category business reviews
• Consumer panel data experience preferred (Homescan, Oracle etc.)
• Shopper loyalty card experience preferred (84.51, Aimia, EYC, etc.)
• Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods industry preferred
• Experience in space planning software preferred (including but not limited to JDA Space Planning, Nielsen Spaceman, Apollo)
• Experience with common statistical analysis methods preferred (linear regression, hypothesis testing, ANOVA, survey methodology, etc.)
• Hands-on experience with statistical analysis programs such as R, Python, SPSS, or STATA a plus
• Progressive thinker capable of extending or enhancing the existing set of analytical offerings
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills (including but not limited to Excel, Word & Power Point)
• Proven analytical skills & ability to successfully integrate different streams of information into sound propositions
• Capable of building strong networks & working relationships by effectively influencing people that are cross-functional
• Excellent verbal, written, communication & presentation skills
• Keen attention to detail & accuracy
• Ability to work in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced & dynamic environment both independently & as a team player
• Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects against deadlines
Since our founding 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, & accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America & the second largest overall yogurt manufacturer, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what makes Chobani a different kind of yogurt. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives & strengthen communities is what makes Chobani a different kind of company. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work® for the last two years, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, & a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics & genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state & local laws.