Prior Natural Language Understanding or Artificial Intelligence experience NOT REQUIRED.
You will be learning, building & using the most advanced technologies in the fields of Natural Language Understanding, Speech, Search, & AI, all built in-house here at SoundHound.
Weve worked hard to create a platform that enables individual developers to implement deep natural language user experiences very rapidly, often within days. Your job will be to help us apply that platform to French language-specific use cases.
This is a unique opportunity to enter the next wave of computing. We are leaders in the Voice AI space with our Houndify platform; using speech to make technology more ubiquitous & accessible to everyones everyday lives.
About the Role:
- Leverage your creativity, your C/C++ skills, & your ability to rapidly become proficient in a new programming paradigm
- Implement, scale, & maintain non-trivial functionality end-to-end, solving algorithm & design challenges
- You will be working on key portions of the unique technology powering the Hound app & Houndify platform for the French language
- Excellent coding skills in C/C++ & at least one scripting language (LUA, Python, Perl, bash, etc)
- Ability to design efficient & robust algorithms
- Ability to work on hard open-ended challenges, & improve existing solutions
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or Computer Linguistics or equivalent
- Fluent in French (C1 or C2 level)
Nice to haves:
- Experience with speech recognition (ASR), natural language understanding (NLP/NLU) & related fields
- Experience in linguistics
- Experience manipulating & managing large amounts of data
- Experience working with third-party API's
Please send us your resume & cover letter. Tell us why you would like a job at SoundHound in particular.
SoundHound is creating & productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us.
After amassing a global user community well over 300 million strong, a large portfolio of core technologies & award winning products....we're just getting started.
At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication & fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees & users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, & weekly happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, unique camaraderie, lots of perks & the opportunity to call a company home that's simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines. Yep, it's that cool.