Our Quality Org is looking to hire an SDET to drive quality & automated testing for across the Technology organization. SDETs work in cross functional teams on test tools & frameworks so that writing tests is seamless & can be undertaken by any developer on the team (think TDD).
At Shutterstock an SDET should be proficient in coming up with test cases & describing how they can be written either by the SDET or another developer. A Shutterstock SDET should also be able to drive quality within the team by encouraging team members to test their code at all levels (unit tests, integration tests, performance tests, end to end tests, security tests. etc.) & creating/implementing test tools to make testing as efficient as possible.
- Be part of a stand alone engineering team working closely with other engineers & product managers in rolling out enhancements & new features.
- Work on key features across Shutterstock.com.
- Build out automation frameworks to help integrate automated tests seamlessly into current development process.
- Drive quality across team by constantly building easy-to-use test frameworks & influencing developers to move towards test driven development.
- Work with real world problems faced in scaling the business, suggest innovations/enhancements & work with team in implementing & rolling them out.
- 3-5 years of experience in software testing & software development.
- Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, algorithms & data structures.
- Ability to run & write test plans & generate test cases based on Agile stories.
- Be the voice of quality & the customer in sprint planning & grooming meetings.
- Participate in developer code reviews & encourage testable code & high unit test coverage.
- Write automated tests at all testing levels (unit, integration, end-to-end, etc.). Experience with Python, pytest, C++, Java, Selenium, Jest, Mocha, Puppeteer, Nock, Node-Replay, SonarQube is desired.
- Participate in & organize bug bash sessions promoting exploratory testing amongst people from multiple areas within the company.
- Manage a small team of manual testers.
- Set up alert monitoring in our production environment to notify the team of production issues.
- Performance test & stress test our application to ensure a pleasant customer experience. Experience with Jmeter, Blazemeter, Locustio is desired.
- Design, create & maintain testing tools that aid in automated testing.
- Comfortable working in Jenkins and/or Maven CI/CD environments.
- Experience working in cloud architectures (AWS) & leveraging Kubernetes/Docker for creation of ephemeral environments for testing
- Experience designing large-scale back-end systems
- Experience testing RESTful APIs that power multiple consumers
- Experience with automation frameworks such as Selenium, Cucumber, or Robotium
- Proficient in building web applications or mobile apps
- Knowledge of open source technologies
Shutterstock (NYSE:SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider ofhigh-quality licensed photographs,vectors,illustrations,videosandmusicto businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week & has millions of images & video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also ownsBigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom,a custom content creation platform, Offset, ahigh-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curatedroyalty-free musiclibrary; Rex Features, a premier source ofeditorial imagesfor the world's media; Webdam, a cloud-baseddigital asset management servicefor businesses.
For more information, please visitwww.shutterstock.comand follow Shutterstock onTwitter,FacebookandInstagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V