Convene is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer & we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We live our values of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork) & strive to create an inclusive & equitable workplace where everyone can be their true selves, where we all show up for each other. In line with our goal to be 1% better every day, we are committed to listening, learning, growing & improving. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives to join us on this journey.
The Back of House Service Technician, will perform duties which maintain the cleanliness & organization of all food service department areas, utensils & equipment in a sanitized & orderly condition. We need someone customer focused, with strong attention to detail, as well as someone highly motivated & ready to work in a team. The BOH Service Technician will report to the Service Manager.
What Youll Do:
- Care & cleaning of kitchen equipment, dish room & pot washing areas
- Operate & maintain dish room equipment according to sanitary standards
- Clean up spills in the kitchen, dining area, his/her own work area immediately
- Wash pots, pans, trays & other cooking & serving equipment
- May wash & peel vegetables & fruits
- Keep display equipment clean & free of debris during meal service as assigned
- Maintain & refresh restrooms
- Follow principles of sanitation & safety in handling food & equipment
- Transfer supplies & equipment between storage & work areas by hand or with the use of a hand truck
- Remove trash, separate into designated containers, & maintain clean floor in kitchen & dining area
- Steam cleanse and/or scrub out trash & garbage cans
- Complete shift work, as assigned, in a timely thorough manner in accordance with department standards
- Inform chef & manager in a timely manner when supplies are low
- Assist other functions as needed
- Responsible for ensuring proper presentation, portion control, & maintenance of proper serving temperatures follow HACCP standards
- Maintain sanitation & orderliness of all equipment, supplies & utensils within work area
- Handle & ensure that all deliveries are properly stored, according to both state & federal health regulations
- Represent company in a courteous, efficient, & friendly manner is all customer & employee interactions
- Interact with customers in a manner to ensure customer satisfaction
- Greet customers courteously
- Relay relevant comments from customers directly to supervisors
- Interact with customers & resolve customer complaints in a friendly & service oriented manner
What We Look For:
- Previous experience preferred
- Flexible & long hours sometimes required
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull & place objects up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Ability to reach overhead & below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, & stooping
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature & level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, & qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties & responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs & conditions.
Full Time Hourly Rate: $21.00
This role is also eligible for Convene's annual incentive performance bonus plan.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums & maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience & other relevant factors.
Who We Are:
Convene is the leading provider of premium meeting & workday experiences with a global network of venues & flexible office locations. Combining design, technology, & hospitality to elevate todays modern work experience, Convene creates the spaces & experiences that help teams succeed. With Studio, an all-in-one solution for digitally-enabled events, & 23 locations across the U.S. & London including meeting spaces & flexible workplaces, Convene creates your best day at work, wherever it happens. The company has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
Were Here For You:
At Convene, youll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you & your family starting day one
- Medical & insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Flexible vacation time plus time off for your birthday
- A Holiday closure each year to allow all employees to unplug & recharge
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals & snacks at work (when in the office)
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team & the business in the work that you do
- A culture of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork)