As aSenior Firmware Engineeryou will be an integral part of a stellar engineering team responsible for building Latch's smart access control products.
You will be focussed on firmware development for Latch devices, writing low level device drivers, doing board bring & delivering high quality, robust firmware to production.
You will work within highly cross-functional feature teams & collaborate closely with mobile, backend & hardware engineers.
Smart access isnt about locking doors, its about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the worlds first fully integrated hardware & software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. Were looking for the curious & the creative to join our team & help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Responsible for activities involved in the research & development of electrical lock sets & other access control products
- Architect, implement, & maintain complex firmware designs
- Bring up of boards & rapid debug proof of concept prototypes
- Design & Implement APIs used between IOT hardware & cloud services over Bluetooth, Wi-Fi & ZigBee 3.0
- Specify & document communication protocols, system states, & FW/SW feature requirements with the SW team
- Lead technical discussions within design & product teams to make decisions on performance & optimization trade-offs to meet product requirements.
- Serve as expert in developing firmware on Cortex M3 & M5 Arm Micro Controllers
- Interface with micro controllers to sensors such as Cap Touch, Camera, Atmel Crypto Chip & 13.56 MHZ NFC
- Participate in product design, development, verification, troubleshooting, & delivery of high quality embedded firmware
- Write product specifications & release documentation for all phases of product development from definition & design through implementation including: firmware and/or unit testing; designing; test automation; debugging; reliability; & performance analysis.
- Perform power consumption analysis & firmware development for low power battery operation
- Deliver resilient, robust & durable designs
- Work independently on development tasks including design, development, debugging, documentation & validation
- Applicant must have at least 1 year of experience developing firmware using C & C++ methodologies
- Applicant must have a Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Must have ability to define power management approaches & develop firmware for low power battery options
- Must have experience with compliance, manufacturing process, reliability & contract manufacturers
- Must have experience with GNU ARM Toolchain (GCC, GDB, & MAKE/CMAKE); SPI; I2c; 2.4 GHZ ultra-low power wireless SOC (e.g. NORDIC or TI); RS232; & Cortex M3 & M5 arm micro controllers
- Demonstrated knowledge of typical networking stack & architectural principles including: ETHERNET, TCP/IP Suite, MQTT & Amazon Web Services
- Must also have ability to work independently on development tasks including design, development, debugging, documentation & validation
Founded in 2013, Latch is a venture backed startup building the worlds first complete smart access system. We now boast over 100 employees, all of whom are all passionate self starters with unique backgrounds & unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from Penn Station in New York City. We offer unlimited Paid Time Off & a competitive health package. And we offer an office environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, & dynamic peers. And there is no better time to join us. As we grow as a company, we are excited to see our employees grow with us.