Want to help people get the financial protection they need & feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare & buy insurance online. Since 2014, weve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer inFintechand helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing & looking for people with grit, great attitudes & creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About Disability Insurance at Pg
Remember the Mighty Ducks movies (one or two, we all forgot about three)? Remember how they would take on insurmountable odds, but always used their teamwork to overcome their bigger, tougher opponents? Thats the Disability Insurance team at Policygenius.
Our Disability team takes on the challenge of protecting our clients income & tailoring contracts to fit their needs. The Sales Associates & Case Managers work side by side to answer tough questions & give advice on how income protection fits together inside their financial plan. The team works as a unit to help our users find the best coverage available, while supporting them as they move through the underwriting process to place their new policy. This role sits in our broader operations department & reports to our Disability Insurance Sales Manager.
As a Sales Associate - Disability Insurance you would be part of a close-knit team that learns on the go & takes on any challenge that comes our way.
- Drive a needs based disability insurance sales process & help our clients design the right policy fit their profile
- Coordinate with with our brokers & carriers to efficiently communicate our clients needs
- Conduct regular client follow-up & check-ins on outstanding applications, exams, financial documents, & phone interviews
- Adhere to team norms & policies, while meeting quality standards & service level agreements (SLAs) in your daily work
- Provide actionable feedback from clients to drive process & product improvements
- Functional knowledge of & 2+ years work experience in financial planning & disability insurance
- A service mindset & passion for helping clients
- Honesty & integrity you do not cut corners ethically & can be trusted to do the right thing for clients & for the team
- A positive attitude & desire to be apart of a team where you can take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Self management & the ability to prioritize workflows
- A bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
- Mastered theknuckle-puck shot
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship & coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join (Shhh Its a secret!)