About the Role
Engineering at Frame.io is about more than just writing code - it's crafting unique experiences, building products that inspire creativity & allow our users to do great work. We expect our engineers to care about how our products are built, how they look, how they feel, & how they function. As their leader, you should care about these things too!
We're looking for a front-end engineering manager to join our growing engineering team & lead & build a team of talented & creative front-end engineers. Our engineering managers have 3 main roles:
- Make their team better at their jobs. We want you to change the trajectory of your team members careers.
- Advocate for them. Look for opportunities for them within the organization & beyond.
- Unblock them. Help them work at their maximum potential - working with other teams in the company to make sure that nothing gets in their way.
Youll love our team, & our tech stack is pretty great too the Front End team work in a React/Redux codebase working that uses an API built using cutting edge technology like React, Elixir, Swift, Docker, & AWS Lambda.
At Frame.io, were powering the future of creative collaboration. Over 700,000 video professionals use Frame.io to seamlessly share media & gather timestamped feedback from team members & clients. Simply put, we help companies create better video, together.
We want you to get better too. We believe that we have a duty to be the stewards of your career, both at Frame.io & beyond. Having conversations about your entire career & not just your time here helps align our incentives & makes everything so much easier.
Frame.io is backed by Accel, SignalFire, FirstMark, Jared Leto & a host of other phenomenal investors. We've built a highly functional & market-leading product used & loved by companies such as Turner, Disney, NASA, Snapchat, BBC, BuzzFeed, TED, Adobe, Udemy, & many more.
What we think you'll need to be great at this job
- A love of people management, great products & product design
- Past experience of planning, executing, & delivering projects with multiple engineers in an agile environment. Note the use of a lowercase 'a' in 'agile' we're pragmatic, & it would be pretty awesome if you were too.
- 5+ years of experience working across the full-stack. You don't need to have mastered any one side, but understanding a spectrum of technologies at varying degrees of expertise is important.
- 3+ years of experience writing client side web code utilizing React, Ember, Vue or similar. (We use React, Redux & Styled Components for our web app).
- 2+ years of people management experience would be good, but if youve spent 2 years thinking about people management, then wed like to speak to you too.
This is what you'll be doing
- Managing our Front End Engineering team - coach them, advocate for them, unblock them - basically make them happy & productive human beings.
- Providing technical leadership to the engineers & be accountable for the technical decisions made on your team
- Work closely with Product, Design, & other cross-functional partners to create a meaningful vision & roadmap for the team - once a feature ships, you'll pay close attention to the impact of the work, & iterate towards a successful outcome
- Grow, educate, hire, & retain a high-performing team with high delivery cadence in an agile environment
- Build of culture of engineering excellence with a focus on performance, scalability, privacy, & security
- Competitive salary & equity
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- OneMedical membership
- Daily catered lunch & fully stocked kitchen with cold brew on tap
- Unlimited PTO
- Volunteering paid time off
- Work From Anywhere Week
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Discounted gym membership
- ClassPass discount
- Free Citi-Bike membership
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Influence in a small, fast paced team
At Frame.io, we believe that learning from different backgrounds & perspectives will allow us to elevate each other & help us build a better product for our users.
We are proud to be committed to equal employment opportunity, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.