We build tools for 100+ brands & retailers in the ecommerce space that help them offer free two-day shipping, same-day delivery, & product expansion into new marketplaces -- keeping them several steps ahead of the curve in a rapidly changing industry.
We are a purpose & culture driven organization that prides ourselves on connectivity, equality, diversity & inclusion. We are committed to our people as a service-oriented company as our people are at the heart of everything we do.
We are Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), & Krakow, Poland & we operate as a subsidiary of FedEx Services.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Data Engineer at Shoprunner, youll help our Data Science team as we build models for ShopRunner. Our data science team is full-stack meaning we own the DS process end-to-end from training models to API deployment. We occasionally run into issues beyond our capabilities to solve & thats where youll come in.
ABOUT WHAT YOULL DO:
- Build & support performant APIs to serve DS model predictions. We have APIs in Python (Flask, FastAPI) & Kotlin.
- Collaborate w/ DS to develop frameworks to productize our machine learning models.
- Help us design our databases & queries so that we can quickly return results from our models
- Debug complex deployment issues
ABOUT WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
- Youve written production code in Python & JVM-based systems, particularly REST APIs. Bonus points if the APIs have served data science models
- You can write performant SQL queries & can optimize databases to return results quickly.
- Youve worked with data stores & technologies such as Spark, Airflow, ElasticSearch, Kinesis, Kafka, Postgres, & Snowflake. (But you dont need to have experience with all of these technologies).
- Youve built data pipelines to move & transform data. We typically do ELT pipelines here at ShopRunner.
- You like debugging thorny problems, particularly when an application needs increased speed, scalability, or extensibility.
- You like working collaboratively with folks who have different experiences than you do.
- You like learning about new technologies & are willing to share what you learn back to the team.
- You like working with a team of goofy people.
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every day. We accept you for who you are & consider everybody on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.