Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking a Digital Product Designer to join our growing New-York-based Experience team.
Working across Caspers expanding digital touch points, the team wears many hats. We look holistically & strategically at the end-to-end user experience. We design valuable new products & features & optimize the existing experience for maximum impact. We think thoroughly about every detail of both the interfaces created & the stories told.
Casper is developing a true omni-channel business, growing our retail presence & developing new customer experiences through our mobile applications. This role will span both our Casper.com & web applications used by our CX & Retail Fleet.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, & is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, & its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, & a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- You will lead aspects of the UX, UI & motion design for Casper.com & retail experiences independently.
- You will work closely with a Design Lead, as well as the rest of the product design team to ensure consistency across platforms & experiences.
- Demonstrate beautiful & functional visual & interaction design, typography across our ecommerce & retail experiences.
- Work with & maintain Caspers design language system - ensuring consistency across design work.
- Work through appropriate process to ensure that features & optimizations meet Caspers minimum delightful standard.
- Communicate & present design challenges & their impact quickly & effectively.
- Closely collaborate with engineering.
- You will quickly prototype new features or experiences to get feedback.
- Incorporate customer, product & business goals into design solutions.
- Continually strive to express the Casper brand in a digital medium.
- Create artifacts for qualitative tests & use the insights to inform design decisions.
- Work with qualitative insights & quantitative data to make smart optimizations to existing products. Use data & analytics to inform optimisations to our products & experiences.
- You will apply motion, animation & micro-interactions to create fluid & wonderful experiences.
- Partner with product managers & developers. Represent UX in cross-team collaborations with data, marketing, & user research.
- Contribute to the digital team development of new tools & processes for achieving success, e.g. a style guide, brainstorm sessions, etc.
- Commit to continually learning, training, & improving yourself in both technical & adaptive skills.
- Share honest, thoughtful feedback with fellow designers so we grow as individuals & a team.
- Youll take full ownership of your work. Identify the types of feedback, research, & data needed to inform the rollout of new features & optimizations.
- Work on multiple projects in a dynamic environment, & seek help when needed. Recognize & help when your colleagues need support.
- Identify & pitch ideas that create business or user value.
Our dream candidate is...
- You have a Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience) in a design discipline related to: interaction, information architecture, user interface, UX, graphic design.
- You have 4+ years experience in designing end-to-end digital product experiences
- You have a passion for brand, & brand expression.
- You have meticulous attention to detail applied across usability & aesthetics.
- You have experience of shipping products & services that exist & are loved in the world & iterating on products & services in market.
- You are flexible, adaptable, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
- You have strong organizational & analytical skills.
- Experience working across web, IOS & Android
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, visual); openness to collaboration & continual growth.
- Experienced with: Sketch, Adobe Suite, Invision, Principle & other prototyping tools.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS, IOS & Android semantics.
- Experience with connected products or retail experience a plus!
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy & fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks & coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if youre feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!