As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa's India & South Asia Digital Products team drives the digital product agenda for the geography. The team is responsible for development & commercialization of offerings that span across eCommerce, Tokenisation, QR, Transit, risk & authentication. Our partners & clients utilize the solutions that the team manages to drive billions of dollars of paymentvolumes & transactions across the sub region
What a Product Owner - VIES does at Visa:
Product Owner - Director, will manage Visa's marquee India-first product catering to the fast growing Indian e-commerce segment. The role-holder will be in charge of the E2E product roadmap management, commercialisation & growth of the product.
What you will need:
The candidate should have a very strong technical background in Payments space, should be a thought leader, be very familiar & abreast with recent industry development in financial services & card payments industry space, have exceptional organizational skills, written & verbal communication skills & be an analytical & structured thinker. This individual must be able to think broadly about Visa's business & drive the expansion of Visa's India e-commerce Stack. We are looking for candidates who have demonstrated excellence as Product Owner in the payments or internet industries. The successful candidate must be a hands-on person with proven ability to engage in high bandwidth conversations with both business & technology executives.
To be successful in this position, this individual must be highly effective working both independently & in cross-functional capacities to identify, define, analyze, prioritize & refine technology requirements across all categories. Successful candidates will be skilled at forging strong partnerships with Product managers, architects, & developers to define feature sets, story maps, detailed user stories (functional & non-functional) to support the development process. This function will address bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate & make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints to maximize business benefit.
Beyond the design & planning stages of the development lifecycle, strong agile expertise is required to collaborate with Scrum teams & communicate requirements to development teams for execution & implementation. This role will collaborate with Technology & the wider the cross-functional leadership team to help define the roadmap priorities & ensure that it remains aligned with the broader strategy & priorities
- Work with Product Management leadership to define product vision, road-map & growth opportunities
- Providing vision & direction to the Agile development teams & stakeholders throughout the project & create requirements
- Plan & prioritize product feature backlog & development for the product
- Assess value, develop cases, & prioritize stories, epics & themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, & elaboration of the user stories
- Work closely with Product Management leadership to create & maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Lead the planning product release plans & set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Research & analyze market, the users, & the roadmap for the product
- 12+ years of payments, financial services or internet industry experience within a technology environment, with a track record of successfully delivering complex software systems or services. As part of the work experience; candidate should have at least 6 years of experience in cards or digital payments space.
- Hands on experience in developing roadmaps, writing user stories, grooming product backlogs & coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Experience working with major card networks & understand payment lifecycle (Auth, Clear, Settle, Chargeback)
- Working Knowledge of 3DSecure (Verified by Visa, Mastercard SecureCode, American Express SafeKey, JCB Secure etc.)
- Working knowledge of security technologies like digital signature, hashes, encryption etc.
- Technical experience in Java/MS technologies, API (SOAP & Rest) & Web Development
- Proficiency working in an agile environment.
- Exceptional collaboration & partnership skills with the ability to work in a global environment & drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- Experience demonstrating strong leadership, self-motivation & accountability
- Strong customer centric mindset.
- Comfortable operating in a matrix setup
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/ IT or equivalent, MBA a plus
Projects you will be a part of:
The role will be in the driving seat of one of the most exciting products to come out of Visa catering to Indian e-commerce market needs.