ABOUT THE ROLE:
DIG is looking for an Operations Analyst to join our growing Strategic Operations team in supporting our restaurants on reporting, accessing information, & making data driven decisions for business improvements. This role will be exposed to many moving parts of our restaurant group & will be a critical, strategic thought partner, working across the organization to drive value. You will leverage data, build models, create easy to read dashboards, communicate insights, & execute best practices to streamline & optimize processes for DIGs continued growth. The Operations Analyst will serve as a true resource for our restaurant leaders by providing key weekly reports & creating guides on how to turn insights into actionable results in the restaurant. This is an amazing opportunity to join a fast-paced company & impact not only business operations but also the greater food system.
- Support the field in providing weekly reporting & analysis for all operational functions including KPI updates, weekly business reviews, labor & sales targets, food costs targets etc.
- Support in developing, monitoring & driving a deeper understanding of our KPIs across the company & help create resource materials that continue to educate our restaurant leaders.
- Calculate weekly sales forecasts for each of our restaurants & prepare weekly financial results against budget.
- Work cross-functionally to continuously improve our weekly sales forecasts.
- Maintain daily performance updates for our first full-service restaurant, 232 Bleecker.
- Maintain & update operational reports for field facing & internal use.
- Identify, prioritize, structure, & make recommendations on an array of complex business problems, using analytics & business judgment to provide options to present to Operations for decision making.
- Translate strategy into specific business initiatives & develop tools to measure & evaluate them.
- Work closely with internal teams to continuously improve processes using qualitative & quantitative data.
- Partner with functions including finance, tech, operations, supply chain, real estate, & marketing to support our growth as we expand into new markets & business lines.
- Draft financial projections & initial recommendations for real estate analysis, & restaurant reopening analysis.
- Create what-if-analyses to assess the impact of business opportunities on our long-term goals, providing insightful decision bases for senior management.
- Maintain & quantify risks & opportunities in business performance & conduct scenario & sensitivity analysis.
- 1-2 years experience in an analytical role.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-moving & constantly evolving high growth environment.
- A willingness to work on routine, weekly reporting. You dont get bored with repetition.
- The ability to transform raw data into insights for the business.
- A strong expertise in Excel & Powerpoint (familiarity with visualization software - e.g. Looker or Tableau - a bonus)
- A love for numbers - you can sift through qualitative & quantitative data & build analyses.
- A desire to take on responsibility & a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done. A roll-up your sleeves mentality.
- Time management experience juggling multiple tasks with different priority levels.
- Experience being a team player. You have a flexible schedule & are willing to support no matter the task.
- Clear communication skills in person & online with experience in translating data into strategic recommendations.
- An entrepreneurial spirit - you dont mind rolling up your sleeves & getting scrappy.
- An interest in the restaurant industry & curiosity about the world, food & people.
WORK PERKS: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Company laptop
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
At Dig Food Group, were building a better food system for everyone by sourcing, cooking & serving delicious food everyday. Nine years in, weve grown to more than 30 fast-casual Dig restaurants, opened our first full-service restaurant, 232 Bleecker, partnered with 130 farms including our own Dig Acres, & taught thousands of people how to cook (really cook) in our kitchens.
To do this, weve built direct & real relationships with farmers. We dont just name check them on our menus -- were true partners in their businesses. We focus on farmers who are independent, first-timers, women, immigrants, LGBTQ & people of color. These relationships allow us to get the best ingredients all year round & change our menu based on what is growing in the fields.
Each restaurant is run by a chef & all our food is cooked on site. There are no microwaves, can openers or freezers, just an entire culinary team at every location, cooking vegetables all day. This requires training a whole generation of chefs & cooks from the ground up, including many who have never worked in a restaurant before. Knife skills are life skills.
Were not here to disrupt anything or become a platform. We run our business on good food & great people. From sourcing to serving, our mission is to create a better food system for everyone. That means a world where farmers can make a living growing food, anyone can learn to cook, & we can all eat well, together.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply