SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal ofenabling human life on Mars.
SUPERVISOR, MATERIALS MANAGEMENT
Supply Chain is vital to the successful operation of the Rocket Development Facility. This role will be in charge of the Texas site Materials Management team & will be responsible for storing & issuing components, purchase parts, machined details, & assembles to support manufacturing operations & other areas as required. This supervisor will also be responsible for leading & driving continuous improvement throughout all aspects of their operations.
- Leadership Manage an hourly workforce: assess employee performance, provide positive/constructive feedback, facilitate conflict resolution, & address repeat issues with corrective actions, performance improvement plans or through disciplinary means. Run reports & monitor performance metrics, reporting overall health & escalating issues to upper level management on a weekly basis.
- Role Model Lead by setting an example, taking feedback from all levels of the organization, & motivating your organization to achieve the highest level of results.
- Coordination Work with cross functional teams to ensure both upstream providers & downstream customers are well informed of any schedule or material availability impacts.
- Safety Monitor & improve operations, ensuring a safe work environment with the goal of zero OSHA recordables annually.
- Warehouse Operations Manage & train inventory personnel to properly putaway, pick, & issue materials in accordance with priority.
- Planning Lead the team through safety stock & work order planning to ensure the most cost effective stock strategy for the build & maintenance of ground support & test equipment.
- Quality Ensure business practices are being followed to not only guarantee the processing of product in a quality manner, but also meet those needs outlined in AS9100 & customer flow-down requirements.
- Customer Service Manage operations that provide industry leading levels of customer service in all operations: recognizing the needs of the business & adapting to support our mission.
- Cost Lead cost saving opportunities, identifying internal/external cost reductions & optimization opportunities.
- Cycle Counting Ensure cycle counting procedures are routinely followed to meet both our internal & external audit requirements.
- Process Improvement Drive projects & changes that contribute to materials managements ongoing improvement.
- Shelf Life Ensure procedures are routinely being followed for shelf-life storage & maintain proper rotation of stock, FIFO.
- Environmental Controls Ensure the appropriate environmental controls are continuously effective, depending on the material requirements of the items being stored within McGregor, TX.
- Mentorship Actively monitor & grow the workforce, ensuring team members are challenged & performing at the expected standards.
- Adaptability As SpaceX continues to innovate & pave the way for future development, this supervisor needs to be able to adapt his/her team to the ever-changing needs of the organization.
- Monitor & approve employee time keeping records.
- Bachelors degree & 3+ years of experience in a materials management position or 7+ years of experience in a materials management position.
- Experience working with material requirements planning (MRP) systems.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience working with enterprise resource planning (ERP)/inventory management software.
- 5+ years of leadership experience within materials management.
- Experience using WarpDrive.
- Completion of a leadership or rotational development program.
- Association for supply chain management (APICS) certification certified in production & inventory management (CPIM) or certified supply chain professional (CSCP).
- Lean/6-Sigma experience.
- Green/black belt certifications.
- Ability to operate forklift equipment.
- Excellent communication & team-building skills.
- Organized & self-driven, capable of working independently with little direction.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced /cross-functional environment.
- Experience within an aerospace, aviation, or automotive manufacturing environment.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work in a high-stress environment.
- Good response to challenges posed by short deadlines.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Lifting up to 25lbs. (unassisted), standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing stooping, stretching & carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Must be willing to travel to other sites, as required (up to 25%).
- Must be available to work extended hours & weekends when necessary; flexibility required.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.