Squarespace Marketplace connects customers with qualified, independent professionals to build or update their sites.
To increase its value to Squarespace, serve more customers across various services & ensure a best-in-class experience for all participants, were seeking a Senior Fullstack Software Engineer to join this exciting new team. If you enjoy taking ownership of product initiatives & carrying them from concept to production, we want to hear from you!
You will report to our Team Lead, Marketplace in our NYC Headquarters.
- Develop, maintain, & grow Marketplace applications.
- Collaborate with engineers, designers & product owners to create a customer-focused experience.
- Practices disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, & writing beautiful, readable code)
- Encourage the technical growth of your team & teammates
- Contribute to technical decision making
- 5+ years of experience building & managing reliable, usable, & performant web applications
- Experience using different types of datastores such as Postgres, Mongo, Redis, & Elasticsearch
- An understanding of best practices across software lifecycle, from development to deployment & testing
- Experience & interest in mentorship through code reviews & technical discussions
- Experience working collaboratively with stakeholders, product owners & users
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,100 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.