At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
The Business Performance team works with Global Operations senior leadership to drive clarity around the most important objectives & then partners across the organization to enhance every individual teams ability to meet those objectives. This team is the glue that connects Global Operations with the rest of the organization, ensuring constant alignment & inspiring confidence in the ability to hit shared goals.
The Global Operations Business Performance intern will work closely with the rest of the Business Performance team to lead performance & planning for the Global Operations organization. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly ramp up to learn about Lyfts business & strategy, be able to influence without authority, & will be relentless in pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Assist with the overall planning process for Global Ops including OKR development, budgeting, headcount planning, & territory initiative roadmap creation
- Help to develop the methodology & process for setting operational metrics & targets across Global Ops territories
- Support strategy development consistent with the vision of Global Ops Leadership work with vertical & regional leads to develop more specific functional area or market level strategies
- Lead the scaling of successful initiatives from one market to many, & track learnings related to target setting & achievement
- Currently pursuing a graduate degree with anticipated graduation in 2021 or 2022
- Must be returning to school after the internship
- 4+ years of experience in a combination of strategy & operations roles (business operations, management consulting, investment banking, or an equivalent field)
- Ability to drive cross-functional decision-making & coordinated action
- Outcome-driven approach to developing recommendations & demonstrated ability to develop a story & execution plan to support a strategic vision
- Comfort with presenting to senior executives on a regular basis
- Passion & resourcefulness to solve ambiguous, undefined problems
- Aligns with Lyfts Core values: Make it Happen, Uplift Others, & Be Yourself
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to observed holidays, generous paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides