Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, & gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, & user experience.
We are growing quickly, & this is the time to get on board & play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
Magic Leap is seeking a System Architect in embedded mobile operating systems. Provide your expertise to help us design, optimize, & develop an operating system capable of supporting the most optimal user experience ever seen.
If you are the successful candidate, you will get to work on a system that requires strict timing tolerances under heavy loads, novel approaches to displaying content, & much more. You will get to make tough technical decisions that help shape the direction of our product.
As the ideal candidate, you will have a significant track record of working on embedded device drivers, realtime OS creation, & also computer architecture design especially on how it relates to SW performance: data flow, power management, & system performance.
- Architect, Design, Implement realtime OS framework for leading MagicLeap devices. Attention should be made to realtime performance, power management & the ability to run our computer vision software on embedded devices.
- Architect, Design, Implement, API enhancements for the Magic Leap platform. These will be specific to the Magic Leap platform & can enhance the performance of the device by providing optimized kernel & computer vision APIs to allow data to flow more efficiently. API changes will have to be documented to allow smooth integration with other software teams.
- Debug Timing, Race Conditions, Memory issues on a daily basis in a timely manner, & may include use of JTAG debuggers, logic analyzers, etc.
- Part of the team to deliver full platform software to the rest of the Magic Leap software organization, including architecting drivers for all needed hw peripherals, writing/designing the software to boot the Operating System (including memory initialization & platform initialization).
- Lead software & architecture of the design of the next generation custom ICs which will allow Magic Leap computer vision data & embedded algorithms to optimally run with minimal power management.
- Work with other teams: hardware, application software, & middleware to debug cross-functional issues such as memory corruption, timing issues, & performance issues. Write detailed reports on the problem statement & how it was solved to be used as reference for future issues.
- 8+ years experience in embedded software development
- Fluent in the C language
- Experience with embedded development practices
- Experience desired in Linux & other microkernels, with sensitivity to performance, memory utilization, & extensible architectures
- Experience in architecting drivers for various peripherals over various interfaces: I2C, SPI, USB, PCIE
- Experience with using jtag debuggers, logic analyzers & other debuggers
- Experience in designing & implementing asynchronous or concurrent multithreaded systems
- Must understand common protocols for communication with hardware & other software modules
- Must be a good communicator & self-motivated to complete projects, & enjoy hw-sw debugging
- Experience with Computer Architecture Design
- 5-10 years Experience with real-time & time-critical systems
- Experience with machine vision
- Experience in a high-volume production environment
- Experience with commonly-used mobile operating systems (i.e. Android or iOS)
- Ability to work directly with hardware team for device bringup & debugging a plus
- Experience with embedded databases or interprocessor communication layers is a plus
- Factory testing process experience is a plus
- BA/BS is required
- MS or higher is preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.