What you will do:
- Perform lab-based measurements as requested by engineering teams & operating & programming CMM, OMM, surface roughness, 3D scanners, hardness testers, microscopes, & other lab equipment
- Provide technical consultation to others pertaining to measurement problems & assume a leadership role in technical project teams.
- Implement corrective & preventive action projects pertaining to calibration & measurement issues
- Take full responsibility of designing, developing & maintaining a product testing & evaluation center including process, capital investment, maintenance & design layout of infrastructure
- Prepare calibration procedures, plans & management of documentation
- Perform on-going product testing & evaluations to ensure that our suppliers are meeting rigorous functional, dimensional, & cosmetic requirements
- Develop training plans & materials, conduct training & maintain professional competency
- Assist in supplier quality audits & assist with supplier quality issues
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, & draw valid conclusions with complex calibration & metrology issues.
- Write exemplary test reports
- Work cross-functionally with other departments & prioritize work queues
- Ensure safety protocols are followed & where necessary new safety processes are implemented
These may describe you:
- BS in Mechanical engineering related discipline or demonstrated equivalent experience
- 6-8 years of experience with 1-2 of them in a metrology or testing lab
- Statistical Analysis (Python, R, Minitab)
- Ability to operate & program a CMM or OMM
- Able to articulate & defend engineering decisions as well as communicate clearly with cross functional teams.
- Comfortable using engineering analysis methods such as Tolerance Analysis, Statistical Analysis, DFMEA, & PFMEA.
- Communicates well with various cross functional groups as well as suppliers & vendors to be able to create cross-functional consensus with a senior, global team.
- Experience reading & translating 2D engineering drawings into inspection plans.
- Detail & process oriented with an ability to create an atmosphere of accountability for all working partners.
Who you will work with:
- You will report directly into the Supplier Quality Engineering Sr. Manager
- You will work cross functionally with many teams including, Global Sourcing, Program Management, & Product Development Engineering.
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.