Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo & Cat Person, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays & lunch on Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
We are still requiring vaccinations for in-office employees. Reasonable accommodations due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief may be made.
About the team
The Flamingo DTC team owns the customer experience for the Flamingo DTC ecosystem. The team works highly cross-functionally not only with close counterparts within Tech, Product, Design, & Engineering, but also influencing & working with the overall brand & product innovation strategy to maximize the customer experience & drive the business forward. This team is responsible for all touchpoints in the customer journey from their first experience on shopflamingo.com, the marketing materials delivered in their first box, to all email, SMS, or other retention levers to build a deep & lasting relationship with the brand.
About the role
You are an experienced product manager driving key long-term strategies for the overall DTC (Direct to Consumer) business. You will be responsible for proposing, leading, & driving innovations that help move the flywheel for the overall Flamingo business. Not only will you be responsible for driving users to our website & maximizing their experience through a customer-centric lens, but youll chase down opportunities to improve the customer experience with stakeholders, & therefore the business in or outside of tech, marketing, & supply chain. This broad remit will give you the scope & ability to be deliberate on how you want to drive your career in a variety of different paths.
What you will accomplish
- Propose & establish innovative ideas & strategies to elevate the customer experience & impact the overall Flamingo business
- Define, manage, & evangelize a cohesive roadmap with input from key partners. Influence other partner teams to prioritize key initiatives on your roadmap by establishing shared goals.
- Identify & quantify the value of potential product or opportunities, thinking enterprise-wise & customer-first, prioritizing these opportunities against the roadmap & re-shaping accordingly.
- Bring new ways of thinking about our metrics & data to push through analytical rigor to push our understanding of our customers & business forward. Employ a variety of validation methods both quantitative (A/B testing, surveys, cohort testing) & qualitative (focus groups, 1:1 interviews, CX feedback) in your process, knowing that data is a powerful tool but not the answer.
- Provide key input to broader technical strategy to better scale our design & technology systems across brands & geographies.
- Support the business P&L by engaging in forecasting & opportunity sizing exercises & keeping an eye towards your cost base.
- Engage with industry trends, events, announcements, & emerging technologies to constantly improve the DTC business.
This should describe you
- 5+ years of consumer facing product management experience launching & growing products
- Experience working with design & engineering teams, & working through customer, business, & technical tradeoffs
- Customer-centric. Youre incessantly focused on finding ways to make the customer experience better at any point in the journey regardless of surface area.
- Analytical. You can quickly get a deep understanding of how our business works from the big picture down to the granular, making smart recommendations along the way. Youre very comfortable answering questions with a blend of data & intuition.
- Strong opinions loosely held. You generate a justified point of view & advocate for your user by engaging in lively debates, but commit to the decision made with equal fervor whether its the same or different from your original POV.
- Improve always. Youre a lifelong learner with a hunger for knowledge. You know when you dont know the answer, but wont stop until you find it.
- Strong verbal, written, & presentation communication skills
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting into VP of DTC (Direct to Consumer)
- Sitting within the Broader DTC Team
- Working with the following teams
- Product Development: Product UX Design, Software Engineering inclusive of front-end, backend, & data teams
- Marketing & Analytics: Growth, Acquisition, Analytics, Insights, Engagement
- Others: Creative, Brand, Partnerships, Distribution / Fulfillment, CX, Product Innovation
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.