Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely & sustainably reverse type-2 diabetes without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science & digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
Were looking for an experienced customer success leader to scale this team while growing our relationships & footprint with our existing clients. Ideally, the candidate will have experience working with both self-insured employers, large health plans, & beyond managing the day-to-day needs of a client base, will have deep experience scaling & leading a team focused on the upsell & expansion of accounts. The Head of Customer Success must be able to expertly navigate rapid change, approach problems with creativity & curiosity & be able to partner seamlessly with internal & external stakeholders to drive critical initiatives forward.
Virta is at an exciting stage of its growth journey & this candidate will play a critical role in shaping the customer success team & expanding our access to patients across the US.
- Scale the team to meet growing business needs, 3-4x the current rate of enterprise customers as well as health plan clients
- Successfully grow our book of business among existing customers
- Provide top level service to our rapidly growing customer base, sharing the transformative impact of our treatment on their population in order to excite & delight
- Develop & deepen relationships with key stakeholders within our largest employer & health plan clients
- Partner with customers on program goals & KPIs & sharing Virta ROI
- Drive & scale a seamless customer onboarding process as we grow through seamless implementations & onboarding processes
- Manage & mentor a high performing team of customer success & implementation managers
- Collaborate with sales counterparts on accelerating account expansions & renewals. Identify renewal risks & implement remediation plans
- Partner with our patient marketing team to drive adoption & awareness within new & existing customers
- Act as a customer advocate internally across our Operations & Product teams to continue to refine the customer & patient experience including customer launches, patient onboarding & enrollment, billing etc.
- Define, grow & manage customer success team, processes, & infrastructure
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Build relationships with our key customers
- Build relationships internally with key cross functional counterparts in commercial, product, ops & clinical organizations
- Develop/refine account expansion & renewal plans
- Manage new customer launches/implementations
- 10+ years experience in customer service, specifically with healthcare & ideally focused on both large employers & health plans
- In depth knowledge of the healthcare ecosystem & industry trends
- Experience scaling a customer service organization & managing/mentoring growing teams
- Ability/flexibility to work cross-functionally in a fast-growing company where fast-paced change is the norm
- Track record of implementing strategies to drive revenue growth through expansion & account retention
- Strong management presence & leadership ability, with communication & interpersonal skills that inspire & motivate leaders & teams
- Excellent communication & project management skills to align internal & external stakeholders & drive key initiatives forward
Virtas company values drive our culture, so youll do well if:
- You put people first & take care of yourself, your peers, & our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership & take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego & understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency & promote trust & empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based & prioritize data & science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks & rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security & privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security & privacy training will be provided.