As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This is a Staff Network Engineer position with Visa's Datacenter Network Engineering team. The selected candidate will work with a high performing team to develop & design robust networks for Visa's global enterprise network infrastructure.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree At least 5 years of network engineering experience in large data center environments
- 7-10 years of work experience & a Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Experience with SDN / SDDC solutions (Cisco ACI, VMWare NSX, Openstack, Docker)
- Linux administration experience
- Automation / scripting experience (Ansible, Python, Perl, etc.)
- ITIL certification
- Experience creating low-level network design documentation including detailed Visio diagrams
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP network protocols, including common application protocols
- Advanced understanding of routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, & EIGRP
- At least 3 years experience with data center network fabric technologies such as STP, MLAG, VPC, FabricPath, VXLAN, MP-BGP, EVPN
- Experience designing highly-secure multi-tenant network solutions
- Experience implementing Cisco Nexus, Arista, Cumulus Linux, Palo Alto / Checkpoint, F5 LTM, Cisco VPN solutions
- Advanced process orientation & exhibited planning, organizational, & problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, & leadership skills along with effective communication (both written & verbal in English) skills
- Design, implement, & provide ongoing support of Visa's data center LAN infrastructure using various platforms such as Cisco, Arista, & Cumulus Linux
- Gather network requirements for key business initiatives, produce high-level & low-level design documentation for proposed solutions, provide cost estimates & timelines for implementation
- Implement network solutions in a fast-paced environment in a timely fashion while ensuring business critical systems are not impacted during network maintenance windows
- Work closely with the Information Security Office to ensure solutions deployed meet Visa Technical Security Requirements & comply with Visa Key Control policies
- Work closely with the network QA team to ensure all new network designs & changes are tested & certified in non-production environments prior to production deployment
- Provide 3rd level technical support to Visa clients & to technical teams within Visa to resolve network issues & to support the implementation of new network solutions
- Provide highest level of technical consultancy to ensure problem resolution is achieved in the shortest possible time frame
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5-10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.