BuzzFeed is looking for a thoughtful, organized Show Producer to join our Hollywood-based team. Reporting to our Director of Show Development, you'll lead multiple shows & pilots at any given time. You're a passionate & engaging leader, open to the ideas of others with an emphasis on cross team collaboration & idea generation/execution.
- Inspire the creative from development to pilot to full season order within assigned projects
- Understand and determine next steps for your team on a given project
- Develop, foster & support our talent
- Lead team meetings, brainstorms & postmortems for assigned projects & provide feedback
- Partner with Flagship/Data team to assess performance insights from pilot to pilot & season to season per pilot & show process
- Refine shows creatively for target audiences with an eye towards replicability/sustainability
- Collaborate with partners to ensure show goals are met (creative, performance, revenue, budget)
- Work with production to strategize & refine all project budgets before presenting them for approval
- Work with Marketing/PRCommerce to field incoming opportunities outside of episode production, advises on growth opportunities & places for positive collaboration
- Produce unique brand growth opportunities for assigned projects as agreed upon with Marketing/PR
- Assist branded ops leads to vet incoming brand opportunities
- Produce custom branded content for assigned projects
- Create brand opportunities within current projects & envision custom creative for branded ops to pitch out
- Work with Art Desk/Brand strategy team to develop & implement marketing strategy & content around current projects
- At least five years of experience in development, ideally with experience in unscripted development & working with digital platforms
- A deep familiarity with the BuzzFeed tone of voice & library of work across all platforms
- A high skillset & body of work in concepting, writing & executing ideas
- Interest in & understanding of using data to inform creative work
- Produced video work to show
- A collaborative, team-oriented approach to work
- Experience hiring & managing a team, & managing their workflow in a positive & efficient manner
- A positive, curious, personality, with a "no haters" philosophy.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
- A generous & diverse benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company, delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, youll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, & content that helps connect people all over the world.