The Engineering team is hiring a Senior Back End Engineer for our New York office. This is an amazing chance to create a global online marketplace. You will have the opportunity to contribute to something exciting, new & creative. Working with the newest technology patterns & services, your work will be used by a strong & rapidly growing global online community.
What youll do:
- Design GRPC & RESTful Java Spring based web services utilizing caching, messaging & asynchronous processing
- Use the latest AWS, Google, Hashicorp solutions such as ECS, EMR, S3, Lambda, Dynamo, BigQuery, Consul & Terraform
- Work with open source technologies including Apache Solr, Spark, Zookeeper & other software products to make the most beautiful things in the world available to customers
- Work in a dynamic agile environment, assessing business requirements & choosing the right tools for the job
- Use scrum & version control tools to be an efficient software engineer
- Work with analytics tools using big data to establish trends, personalizations, & recommendations
- Work closely with an outstanding Product organization to envision & craft solutions that delight our existing customers & attract many new ones
- Java understanding and/or experience with
- Real passion for architecting software solutions
- Adding to organizational efficiency through contributing to shared-libraries & components
- Experience providing: thoughtful code-reviews, mentorship
- Ability to bring your intellectual curiosity & thoughtful opinions with you every single day
- Be awesome & make those around you awesome!
- Experience developing code for high-traffic, consumer-facing websites in a professional production environment
- Ability to fix & explain performance bottlenecks
- An appreciation for one-of-a-kind items such as furniture, art, & jewelry is always welcome
- Your participation in the larger Developer Community is strongly supported & encouraged!
- Fluency with a version control system, & some project management tool
- Years Experience: 2+ years experience in the industry
- [Internal Note: master's degree is a plus]
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews & onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected & required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.