Squarespace is seeking an experienced in-house attorney to join our legal team. As a key part of a fast-growing global SAAS organization, you will lead the legal aspects of the companys mergers & acquisitions function, serve as a strategic advisor to the company, & provide general legal advice & support across business functions.
This role reports into our General Counsel & is based in our New York City headquarters.
- Actively manage M&A transactions & processes, including coordination of internal & external legal teams, post-close integrations, & internal processes
- Support the drafting & negotiation of NDAs, definitive agreements, & ancillary documents for M&A transactions
- Coordinate with our internal tax team on matters of corporate structuring & domestic & global tax issues
- Provide practical legal advice & support on a variety of topics, including commercial contracts, data privacy, product counseling, marketing, & employee relations
- A minimum of 8 years of diverse M&A experience; a combination of law firm & in-house, including tech-focused M&A, is preferred
- Proven ability to manage & lead cross-functional teams / projects with a diverse group of stakeholders across organizational lines
- Flexibility & creativity in solving problems & dealing with ambiguity
- Excellent interpersonal, written & oral communication skills, & strong business judgment
- Organized & diligent with a high attention to detail & a commitment to operational execution
- Interest in learning new areas of law & business
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 900 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visitwww.squarespace.com/about.