Who we are:
AlphaSights is a leading global industry research platform. We leverage proprietary knowledge search technology powered by the latest in machine learning, natural language processing, & data science to connect decision makers to globally distributed knowledge faster than ever before. Professionals at investment firms, consultancies, corporations & nonprofits rely on us to connect them seamlessly with knowledgeable domain experts who help enhance their thinking, inform critical decisions & propel their business forward. Founded in 2008, AlphaSights currently employs nearly 1,000 professionals in nine offices around the globe & regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
As a Lead Product Manager in AlphaSights Product & Strategy function you will own a product area, & will be responsible for driving it forward with significant autonomy. You will also be managing one or many Product Managers and/or Associate Product Managers, each of whom will own smaller product areas. You will bring substantial Product experience into our team, & will play a critical role in mentoring your Product colleagues & helping them tackle a diverse set of challenges & opportunities. These will span ideation, solution design & iteration, development, launch, & operationalisation of new technologies which scale our business.
This role is an excellent opportunity for motivated & hardworking professionals, who want to apply their highly developed product & technology skillset to a broader problem set, innovate user-focussed technologies in a fast-paced & entrepreneurial environment, & mentor & build a successful Product team.
What youll do:
- Team mentoring & leadership: Setting the standard for the product process & being a committed mentor & sparring partner, providing constructive critiques to advance & upskill those in your team & in other teams.
- Product culture & team development: Be a Product enthusiast who is up to speed with the latest techniques & thought-leadership, & enjoy setting foundations & growing a world-class product organisation as we expand our Technology presence significantly.
- User need identification: Providing discovery leadership including directing collection of user feedback, internal feedback, & market feedback to identify & prioritise user needs & sources of value within your teams innovation areas.
- Iterative & detailed roadmap definition: Work cross-functionally (with, client Service, Design, Engineering, Strategy, Marketing, Legal, & Finance teams, as well as 3rd parties), to analyse & prioritise problems, convince stakeholders on your approach & execute on your product vision by building impactful solutions for the business.
- Product Development: Meticulous planning & management of the software development required for your & your teams product solutions; you will have to partner effectively with Engineering & Design to see your ideas through to completion.
- Release management: Contribution to planning sessions, in partnership with Engineering & Project Management teams. Management of features & dependencies across releases & with other product teams.
- Go-to-market planning & operationalisation: Develop, test & expand techniques & methods to increase product adoption (both within & outside AlphaSights). Lead seamless product rollouts, including coordination of necessary documentation & training for impacted users. You will be the main resource for the rest of the organization when deep product expertise is required. This includes supporting the teams that help bring the product to market, including Client Service, Marketing, & New Service Operations.
- Executive communication: Communicate & present ideas & updates to senior leadership across the business. Define, measure, & monitor KPIs, ensuring we're always heading in the right direction & can demonstrate success to our stakeholders.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Demonstrable product mentoring & culture building experience; ideally direct management of product managers
- Love tackling complex problems in ambiguous environments & have the grit & creativity to get to a great solution
- Are not satisfied until you get to the source of a given problem & consider every possible edge case
- Demonstrate the ability to develop exceptional user experiences that have had successful business outcomes
- Creative, collaborative, & analytical with excellent organizational, time, & project management skills
- Persuasive communicator with clear verbal & written communication skills
- Think both big picture & deep-dive into the details when necessary
- Can inspire, lead, & support a cross-functional team to get things done & ship great products
- Previous experience partnering with a technical lead in a complex tech industry (experience with B2B, enterprise, or SaaS products is a plus)
Learn more about Tech at AlphaSights in this video & through our engineering website.