theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 75 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
The Partnerships team at theSkimm is made up of experienced, resourceful, creative, scrappy hustlers. We pull out all of the stops to get sh*t done. Were seeking an experienced Ad Product Strategist to lead product marketing & account services on our Brand Strategy team, working closely with Sales to build innovative advertising opportunities & best in-class campaigns. Reporting to theSkimm's VP of Brand Strategy, ourideal candidate is a proactive, collaborative, detail-oriented person who is passionate about product development, social advertising & revenue strategies, & has a demonstrated track record of building compelling ads packaging across verticals.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Day-to-day liaison between Product Producing teams & Sales, influencing & articulating the product road map so theSkimm can better serve our brand partners across all of our digital platforms
- Determine the pricing & packaging for our ad product suite, which spans media, content, social & insights products, with a keen eye for advertisers marketing objectives
- Manage overall product taxonomy & be a key partner for the sales organization; educating them on our ad product offerings & packages; arming them with the tools, materials, & knowledge they need to be successful & significantly grow revenue
- Work with sales to find suitable advertisers to test new ad products
- Work with clients, partners, agencies & sales to understand advertiser needs, diagnose & solve pain points, & find ways to increase closed-won rates & sales by improving & expanding upon our existing ad product portfolio
- Manage the process of translating product suite into an ever-evolving media kit & selling guide that the Sales team can take to the marketplace
- Ensure solutions are operationalized across ad ops, pricing, vendors & brands so that solutions are deliverable at scale & positioned to deliver materials revenue impact
- Provide insights into the latest ad serving technologies & capabilities
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- Experience working as an internal-facing consultant to creative & technical teams
- A deep understanding of the technical & operational requirements of projects & products
- Creative, proactive, detailed, responsible & able to work well with a team.
- Demonstrated expertise & knowledge of a variety of industry verticals.
- The ability to effectively prioritize projects & produce results
- Knowledgeable about pricing models leveraged in digital advertising, original content creation / production & distribution
- Expertise in Excel
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- A flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- Biannual performance reviews aimed at rewarding & recognizing our diverse talents
- MassMutual 401(k) program
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine & a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered "Sipn Skimm" on Fridays - a time to walk through our week's highs & lows as a team, usually over food, coffee or La Croix
- Twice-monthly Skimme A Drink! happy hours - a time to wind down with friends over a beer, wine or fruity beverage
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY