Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & Flex is its fastest growing product! To keep pace with the growing data & new ways to work with it we need strong engineers that can create innovative solutions.
Twilio is looking for a Principal Engineer who has an excellent track record of creating usable, maintainable, & durable single page applications. This person will help to lead Flex front end development, bringing solutions to customers requiring real time connectivity to Twilios vast communication offerings. They will lead a group of front end engineers both by example & through influence towards architecting & delivering a next generation web-based User Interface.
Twilio is looking for a Principal Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- 7+ years of Engineering experience, developing & maintaining high traffic, desktop-class web applications.
- Proven ability to architect & deliver highly interactive, engaging, single page applications that are usable, performant, & supportable.
- Prior experience setting architectural direction for a large scale, user facing web UI
- Experience with end-to-end testing solutions (e.g. Selenium, Cypress).
- Experience delivering web applications in a distributed team environment.
- Significant experience with browser APIs (REST, GraphQL, GRPC, & Protobuf) & optimizing front end performance.
- Familiarity with plug-in architectures in client-side applications.
- Knowledgeable of continuous deployment techniques, client-side bundling with webpack, & deployment infrastructure (e.g. CDNs, edge functions, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
How You Work
- Independent: Ask questions when something doesnt make sense, & take ownership of initiatives in an organized fashion.
- Organized: Meet tight deadlines & maintain high-quality work.
- Communicative: Communicate clearly & concisely, orally & in writing.
- Growth-minded: Eager & open to learn & evolve quickly.
- Self-structured: Strong ability to work independently & efficiently, prioritize multiple tasks, & execute reliably.
- Collaborative: Able to take ideas from many different sources & guide a group towards consensus.
- Think strategically with an eye towards the future while being able to plot a course there from the present.
- Make critical decisions on high level technical strategy & set direction for a group of disparate engineers
A great day would look like designing & developing elegant & highly scalable solutions for the creation of the worlds premier programmable call center application.
- DRAW THE OWL: Work with multiple teams to deliver delightful end user experiences. Lead the implementation of these experiences with your deep web development experience.
- BE BOLD: Lead & encourage standardization of standard methodologies in front end code.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Ensure broad adoption of best principles through collaboration & active listening.
- DONT SETTLE: Create an atmosphere of quality by championing testing standard methodologies & engineering efficiency.
- BE AN OWNER: Define a strategic vision for the Flex UI that brings together a broad base of teams & and delivery methodologies.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver, CO office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.