At Paxos, we are creating the infrastructure for a new, open financial system - one that anyone can access & participate in, & that operates efficiently. There are billions of people in the world who are unbanked or underbanked, & trillions of dollars that are locked up because of the inefficiencies of the legacy system. We envision a new system that allows any asset to move instantaneously, anywhere in the world - to unlock the potential of assets & people everywhere. Our customers include some of the biggest enterprises in the world like PayPal, Credit-Suisse & Societe Generale, & together we are upgrading the global financial system using modern blockchain & crypto technology.
The Paxos Securities business is expanding its team as it prepares to apply for Clearing Agency registration with the SEC & needs an Operations Manager to help drive change in the industry. This role will own the management & execution of all day-to-day as well as strategic operational activities. The ideal candidate will have experience leading a small team in the middle or back office of a securities brokerage firm or similar experience working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with high growth potential.
What you will do:
- Be responsible for all aspects of Paxos Settlement Service operations
- Create & execute strategies to increase productivity & efficiency from the Operations team
- Hire & mentor the securities operations team as it grows
- Collaborate with customers, product, engineering, & business on the design, testing, feedback gathering, & improvement of product features
- Ensure the product operations team is equipped with up-to-date tools, procedures & policies to support the business (training, operating manual, documentation, etc.)
- Mitigating firm & customer risk through intraday monitoring & proactively resolving issues
- Manage incidents including investigation, client communication, & performing retrospectives
- Support Customer Success in the onboarding & integration of new participants to the platform
- Provide oversight on internal & external reporting
- Partner with regulators & vendors such that our operations are in compliance with regulatory & partner needs
- 5+ years experience with US securities clearing & settlement back office operations
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- 2+ years managing people, with the ability to lead, build, & mentor a team
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Previous experience in building product-driven solutions
- Familiarity with the DTC portal & FedWire movements
- Outstanding project management skills - someone who pays attention to detail, can drive initiatives forward with minimal direction & has the ability to solve issues creatively
- Coaching mentality that empowers their team to take ownership & be accountable
- Strong prioritization skills through understanding the company strategy & synthesizing business & product priorities
- Can form & clearly articulate their teams goals & how they fit in to the broader strategy
- Ability to work through ambiguity & pivot quickly
- High awareness for stakeholder engagement - candidate should be customer-service oriented & with high level of empathy
- Roll-up-sleeves mentality - candidate will do what it takes to build/manage a team & learn the work, company, & industry
- Remain calm & highly effective in day-to-day fires
- Strong alignment with being a change-agent while maintaining strong controls & excellence in execution
- Strong track record of successful problem solving
- Risk management mindset (ability to identify, escalate, & mitigate risks), natural aversion to risky practices & cutting corners
- Technical proficiency with Excel/GSheets, SQL (a plus): ability to build usable reports & analyze data to identify product issues & inconsistencies
- Ability to quickly visualize new or improved settlement processes & workflows. Eye for identifying inefficiencies, developing creative solutions, & collaborating with cross-departmental teams for deployment
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical & mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds & experience in banking, startups, tech giants, & big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 150 employees across offices in New York, London & Singapore & have big plans for our growth. Were looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working & intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers & regulators can trust. Were committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open & accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets & those who dont want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like PayPal, Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone & Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, & employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor & a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do & influence how we communicate & collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, & ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, & family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in & out of office.) In addition to the benefits & perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real & measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us: