ACV Auctions is reinventing a $100 billion industry through an online, wholesale vehicle marketplace that provides car dealerships a more effective & transparent way of buying & selling wholesale vehicles through 20-minute auctions. Our technology modernizes the entire arc of auction operations, providing third- party inspections, account management, title & payment processing, managing arbitration & transportation. The company strives to be the most trusted source in the industry for dealers to buy & sell wholesale vehicles. The company is growing 300% year-over-year & recently completed a $93 million Series D funding round from investors such as Bessemer Venture Partners & Bain Capital Ventures.
Who we are looking for:
ACV Auctions is looking for a Software Engineer that will work on a cross-functional agile team in operational tools, product, or infrastructure. You will work alongside software & production engineers to build & ship new features that will drive the growth of ACV Auctions. We value practical software experience in addition to a thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals. The technologies you are familiar with are less important to us than your ability to solve complex software problems & apply software engineering best practices.
What you will do:
- Design, develop, & maintain code for our web-based applications, backend services, & distributed systems.
- Collaborate with software & production engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, & ensure high reliability & performance for your products.
- Conduct code reviews, contribute high-quality documentation & build robust test suites for your products.
What you will need:
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with relational & distributed databases.
- You have experience in a highly iterative environment with automated testing & continuous delivery.
- Experience building RPC services using either Thrift,gRPC, or equivalent
- Experience with containers & Kubernetes
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Upbeat Innovated Culture
- Professional training opportunities
- Flexible schedules
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.